Considering a Delkevic.

fzkenm

Seriously considering a Delkevic exhaust.  They look to be a decent quality and they are at a much more palatable price range.  From $335 to $445, depending on style/material.  Has anyone installed one already?  If so, what style?  how happy with it?  Any issues with keeping the centerstand?  Did you get a flash?  If so, who's?  TIA

Guest reeseyboy
I have no personal experience with them, but reading comments from people that have fitted them to other bikes haven't been all that impressed.

I can't speak of their FJ exhaust, but I had a Delkevic on my SV650 a few years back and was very happy with it. Great tone/pitch and not too loud with the 1-bolt insert installed. If I were in the market for exhaust I'd definitely consider them again.
Keep Asheville weird!

I've had two of their exhausts (well, both twin set ups). Once on a VFR800 Vtec and then a Tuono.

They are cheap but you get what you pay for. They don't sound as good as more expensive brands, they're quite easily marked and just generally don't have as good finish as more expensive stuff.

I wouldn't have them again. They arent bad, but i'd spend more in future and get a better product.

Well, two previous owners with opposite recommendations. I wonder if that is variations in product quality or different applications or indicative of what it takes to get to that level of price point. I've only seen videos of them on FZ's and none on FJ's so far. One of those was Marthy from two years ago and he seemed satisfied with it after over a year at the time of his posting.

It's hard to justify spending over $1000 just for an exhaust/ECU flash. If that's the case, it might be best to just get the flash by itself.

I was considering the Lextek with flash from David VCyclenut for $775. Still a bit pricey, but tolerable. However, it is not an FJ specific version, but rather is modeled after the Akra Carbon, which is also only listed for the FZ. However, I thought I had seen a few posts where people had successfully installed the Akra Carbon on FJ's while retaining the center stand. I just can't seem to find those now. (go figure)

Has anyone here installed the Lextek on an FJ and, if so, what can you tell us about it?

I had a Delkevic on my CB500X, for what I paid I really liked it. Had a great sound, good quality for what it was.

I think Delkevic are a great option for just a slip on, but I'm not sure I'd want to replace a full system with one. I think it'd be a reduction in quality over stock.

I loved my Delkevic on my R6! I had the one with the Mini 8" Carbon.  I love the raspiness of it, and it's very deep at low RPMs.  It is fairly loud.  If you want a quieter one, go with one of the longer cans.  Quality was good, no rusting or other complaints.

20150815_161851_zpszr7ld0uw.jpg

I plan on getting this one after saving up, but I can't swing it right now.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_19693_24389_24502&product_id=48005

My recommendation is to get the DB killer just in case.

I know it's a different engine, but here is my R6 at the drag strip with my Delkevic. It's most easily heard at 1:20 when I'm racing a friend's quiet BMW R1100S

Archived