AISectomy How-To!

Hi,Wondered if anybody can help,i need to know where the A.I.S plug that plugs into the airbox is located,i have just bought a used boosterplug [even though it was listed as a 15/16,i checked with boosterplug that it fitted my 17] their website says the plug is on the left side,not on mine it isn't,i suspect i might have to lift the tank as it might be in the middle of the airbox,if this is the case can you lift up the tank from the front or does it have to be all disconnected,thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, yamtracergaz said:

Hi,Wondered if anybody can help,i need to know where the A.I.S plug that plugs into the airbox is located,i have just bought a used boosterplug [even though it was listed as a 15/16,i checked with boosterplug that it fitted my 17] their website says the plug is on the left side,not on mine it isn't,i suspect i might have to lift the tank as it might be in the middle of the airbox,if this is the case can you lift up the tank from the front or does it have to be all disconnected,thanks in advance.

The air filter case bottom has the same part number for 2015-17 so doubt it would be different. 

Here's a pic of where the ais hose connects to airbox (not my pic, not even an FJ, but same location). Tank has hard clamp at rear so lifting at front would be tricky. Did my block off at the same as other maintenance tasks so had the tank and airbox off anyway. 

589061168_ScreenShot2020-10-06at6_11_19AM.thumb.png.6d7d2cb629b8528608294b742ad50623.png

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, yamtracergaz said:

You can undo the tank from the rear and the front, then lift and spin it around so it sits on the rear seat area. That way you don’t have to undo the fuel line and pump electric connections. Obviously rest it securely !! However, both connectors are relatively easy to remove so I always remove the tank fully and lay it down on the floor.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)