LED Integrated Blinker Taillight

I've always loved the clean look of these... but as I found out the last time I installed one... DMV doesn't love them as much as I do. Had to reinstall old stalks, get reinspected, then go home and uninstall them. Blah.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Has anyone taken a look at these? 
LED Integrated Blinker Taillight

If not, what are the alternatives? TIA.

I am using one of these, and they work a treat. I recommend you get their flasher relay to slow the LEDs down. The little rubber bumpers at the top droppin into the bodywork gave me the most trouble of the installation. Plug and play! http://www.customled.com/products/2015-yamaha-fj-09-integrated-led-tail-light

I don't see what that piece offers at $140 that the MotoDynamics light doesn't do for $85...
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

I put in the CustomLED taillight as well about 30 minutes ago.  I also got the relay from them.  It was a matter of swapping out the stock relay and swapping out the stock tail light.  Pretty easy, it all plugs into the OEM setup.  I'm still waiting on my tail tidy to arrive so I can get rid of the whale tail, but I pulled the rear blinkers for now.  I did NOT get the fancy control switch for the tail light... the out of the box set up is perfect for me (start up test sequence, right and left flashers, and brake light does a quick flash when pressed then solid). 

• Premium Member
DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE OUT THE RELAY OR PUT AN EQUALIZER?
I did not replace the relay or equalizer when I installed it. If you do not install the equalizer (resistor) the turn signals blink at a faster rate. Personally I prefer the faster blink rate as I think it gets peoples attention better, Just my opinion.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I know its been a while since anyone has posted to this thread but I have a question. Has anyone installed  one of the aforementioned tail lights and hooked it up so the factory blinkers and the blinkers in the tail light both blink, and if anybody has do they blink at the same rate.

I know its been a while since anyone has posted to this thread but I have a question. Has anyone installed  one of the aforementioned tail lights and hooked it up so the factory blinkers and the blinkers in the tail light both blink, and if anybody has do they blink at the same rate.
Jep...MotoDynamics one mounted....and they blink equally....(but do have the Yamaha LED Plus blinkers installed)...The non LED ones will never blink equal to the MD (or any other brand) due to the bulb differences..

Archived