Intent to Recall - lower handlebar holder issue

cabbs5

Dropped mine off for service this morning and it is subject to the recall, even though my VIN doesn't exist in any of the online databases, including Yamaha. They didn't have the parts on hand, so I'll bring it back to them next week. So, still call your dealer, even if your VIN doesn't return anything.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I installed a GPR4, I changed the threaded studs with 1/4" longer studs.  There was no thread lock on the studs that I took out.  I used blue thread lock on the ones I put back in.  I have since changed to FZ-09 handlebar mounts with a FOX dampening riser.  The handlebars are almost exactly the same height as with the stock mounts.

This is an easy fix.  DIY.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

When I installed a GPR4, I changed the threaded studs with 1/4" longer studs.  There was no thread lock on the studs that I took out.  I used blue thread lock on the ones I put back in.  I have since changed to FZ-09 handlebar mounts with a FOX dampening riser.  The handlebars are almost exactly the same height as with the stock mounts. 
This is an easy fix.  DIY.

Do you have a link to the fox dampening risers?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

So, I got the recall done today. Once the recall in the US was official I contacted the dealer I purchased my bike from, and asked them if my bike was included in the recall, they said it was and they ordered the parts. They came in this week, and I just got back from the dealer after they installed the 'fix'.

They showed me the parts, they replaced the lower handle bar riser with its integrated bolt that goes into the triple tree, and also included was self locking nuts. I didn't inspect them too closely, if I was thinking I would have taken pictures.. Anyway, if I recall correctly this is what the nuts looked like:s-l1600.jpg

• Premium Member
got a notice in the mail today from Yamaha saying my 2015 bike is impacted. I'll wait a bit and take it in when it's convenient, honestly, I hate letting the dealers even touch my bike!

Anyone know what the procedure is? what will they actually do?

• Premium Member
Got my letter today in the US Mail. Woop. Now to start calling local dealers to arrange to get it done. I swear it takes longer to get the appt set up, drop the bike off, and get a ride home than the actual work itself takes. >:(
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Archived