Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) Adjustment

So, I finally got around to trying this free mod. Settings were as follows:
Stock New
Diag. 14 17 101 13 97
Diag. 15 16 100 12 96

Unfortunately, I can detect little or no difference in off to on throttle transitions. I have a 2015 with stock exhaust and the 2WD flash. I am glad that I tried it because it was easy and free. The hardest part is the bodywork, which isn't difficult. just adding my results to the data set. Thanks to those who shared the info on this.
I am really surprised that you didn’t notice any difference. When I changed mine from 17 to 14 it was immediately noticeable, and then later dropping it from 14 to 12 had the same result, very much smoother on/off throttling. 
Do you have any other modifications to your bike?
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

• Supporting Member
I am really surprised that you didn’t notice any difference. When I changed mine from 17 to 14 it was immediately noticeable, and then later dropping it from 14 to 12 had the same result, very much smoother on/off throttling. 
Do you have any other modifications to your bike?
I have the ECU flashed with the standard map.  The engine, intake and exhaust are unmodified, though I do use the GYTR Air Filter

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 months later...
Anybody else try this on a 2017 FJ09? I can't recall how jerky my on/off throttle is. So far I have only adjusted the free-play in the throttle. I am planning to get a Yoshimura Exhaust and flash the ECU.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Anybody else try this on a 2017 FJ09? I can't recall how jerky my on/off throttle is. So far I have only adjusted the free-play in the throttle. I am planning to get a Yoshimura Exhaust and flash the ECU.

this is for the pre 2017... the 2017 dont allow the user to use the dash board to adjust or clear codes...that requires a trip to the dealership or a DIY code scanner...

the throttle is electronic, so its far more "on point" than an old school "cable" system... took me a min to learn...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I see that Piotrek made his own tool, and the link to the micro driver that Betoney suggested...

Just curious as to what other solutions for the tool other folks found. I don't know if I can make one, and am hoping that I have something in my garage I can use instead...

Any other suggestions, or re-pointing out ones that I missed, are appreciated!

I have the ECU flashed with the standard map.  The engine, intake and exhaust are unmodified, though I do use the GYTR Air Filter.
Betoney... Is there a confirmation as to why there are two diagnostic levels: 14 and 15? Redundant for safety, or different because there are two sensors in the APS sensor.

I started at 14:17 and 15:16
And ended up at 14:14 and 15:12

• Supporting Member
I have the ECU flashed with the standard map.  The engine, intake and exhaust are unmodified, though I do use the GYTR Air Filter.
Betoney... Is there a confirmation as to why there are two diagnostic levels: 14 and 15? Redundant for safety, or different because there are two sensors in the APS sensor.

I honestly have no idea why it’s set up the way that it is.  
You should notice a nice smooth transition during on/off throttle now

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Redundancy for safety. First two minutes of
will describe it.

That’s awesome. Thank you!

Ok so with my 2017 I cannot do this myself? Can a dealer? Admittedly the 2017 isn't bad, but there is room for improvement.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Ok so with my 2017 I cannot do this myself? Can a dealer? Admittedly the 2017 isn't bad, but there is room for improvement.
AFAIK no the 2017 do not allow for user to do this adjustment via the dashboard... also AFAIK I have not seen any postings about the dealership using the factory tool to do this adjustment on the 2017s... there is a thread on building a code scanner for the 2017s using a OBD CAN scan tool but dont recall it being able to help with APS adjustments 
edit: @ morky It cant hurt to ask the if next time the bike is at the dealership with the gas tank off for some services since its already " right " there...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 2 months later...
Just finished performing this adjustment, and after going for a 150 mi test ride i can say its made a big difference. It didn't completely eliminate the snatche throttel, but has made it much more manageable. I would recommend giving this a try before having the ECM reflashed. Thanks piotrek for posting this.