Boot in the House

hotboot

[span]Hello from North Texas. Thought I would introduce myself as I'm picking up my FJ tomorrow. I will miss the Versys 650 I'm trading in, we had a short 8K love affair including Colorado and Arkansas twisties but something has to go...sorry Virgil.

I'm an FZ-1 old guy. Still own a well modified 2005 FJR and probably will forever. Many bikes before that but the FJ seems a natural progression in my motorcycle addiction.

I see plenty of quality info and feedback here, maybe some familiar names too.

Lookin forward to a great bike and hope to contribute intelligently when possible, no guarantee on the latter.

Howdy ! [/span][span]    [/span]

• Premium Member
Prior FZ1, check; current FJR1300 owner, check; Current F-Jay owner, check. Welcome aboard with similar stats (except the versys).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Warm welcome boot from the alias quicksilverfz1. I'm glad to see you come aboard. I look forward to your valuable insight and think you will like the new ride.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
Wow you have put on some mileage in a few days. I've been too busy working and you all ready caught up to me.
I saw your post about replacing the levers. Note I just installed ASV levers and the clutch side just barely fit with about 1/8" to spare at the hand guard bracket.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Cool ! I see your FJR is for sale...if the FJ fills that space for me I may cry. 10 years and 67K on mine, kinda attached to it. We shall see. Thanks for the welcome.
Welcome hotboot, I too have come off a FJR, well, two FJRs.  No FZ-1s, but a FZ-09 and years ago a BMW F650 & R1100R.  I too have had a love affair with my FJRs with over 220,000 miles on the two.  I just completed a 500 mile ride on the new FJ, now at 1630 miles and found it very good for that distance, even with the stock seat.  I am looking forward to making it the A bike and will try to use it on all my trips this year.  If it works out, I will sell the two 05 FJRs. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Man, the 2005 was the best year. Awesome Galaxy Blue, shorter and lighter than the Gen 2 and fuel mapping is spot on. I have a gazillion invested in suspension and tasty mods I may have to keep it. 10 years and many good times on Fiona....yes I name my bikes.

When I saw the FJ09 specs I had a one bike solution in mind, Now that I own one some more seat time will tell. Nothing eats miles in ICBM form then rocks the Arkansas twisties like an FJR, the FJ09 has big shoes to fill.

Thanks for the trip feedback, good info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta
[span]Hello from North Texas. Thought I would introduce myself as I'm picking up my FJ tomorrow. I will miss the Versys 650 I'm trading in[/span][span] [/span]
no you wont.... :D .... well probably not.  Not after your first big power wheelie.  You know what the old saying is, something like time heals all, its more like power wheelies heal all.

also im starting to think that a prerequisite to having an FJ, you need to have or still own an FJR and we have at least a dozen FJR owners on here myself included.  Its a great bike and does many things flawlessly but is a bit big.

welcome to the site!!

Archived