TuneBoy Cruise Control

I just got off the phone with Nels from @2wheeldynoworks . He has been looking at the tuneboy stuff. After looking at the Tuneboy flash files that were loaded on one of his customer's bikes, he did not have good things to say about the flash files. I won't go into details (I don't want to get sued) but i invite you to call Nels at (425) 269-5332 and ask for yourself before ordering this kit from Tuneboy.  
I advise caution here guys.
Sounds like a good reason for Nels to figure out how to get CC into his flashes... ;)
I agree, an ecu  flash & cruise from 2WD would be a great combo. 

Im only interested in this thread to follow the CC feature... I already have Launch Control, quick shift up/down and the " closed loop " disabled and whatever else 2WDW did... So im not missing much by getting lean angle wheelie control or whatever that is... The only positive feature to me is the simplicity of putting CC on the FJ-09 with no wiring mess...the major problem is no available library of diffrent tunes onhand it looks like, so I suspect they are gonna be a unrestricted generic fuel/ignition  maps... So it even looks like you would need actual dyno tuning after installing the Tune boy which opens up another problem, who else can tune Tune Boys software besides ordering a PowerCommander5 and having the local dyno tuner tune it...

I would buy this if the CC does not overwrite the 2wdw/Woolich tune I already have otherwise it's a complete waste... This is not a well thought out idea
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Is it possible to get the 2wdw flash with this cruise function integrated?? I don't care about the lean angle stuff. I just want a good tune to smooth out the low speed, start in A mode, no speed limiter, and cruise control.
From TuneBoy-"If the ECU has been flashed it will be replaced by our flash, nothing I can do about that." So, not unless 2WDW comes up with a c.c. feature with their tune, out of luck.

• Supporting Member
Im only interested in this thread to follow the CC feature... The only positive feature to me is the simplicity of putting CC on the FJ-09 with no wiring mess...
Have you looked into the MCCruise?  It is a very high quality product and a super clean install.  The wiring harness that they build could pass for factory equipment, especially when it is plugged in with the factory Tenere switch gear.  I was extremely impressed with their craftsmanship. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Im only interested in this thread to follow the CC feature... The only positive feature to me is the simplicity of putting CC on the FJ-09 with no wiring mess...
Have you looked into the MCCruise?  It is a very high quality product and a super clean install.  The wiring harness that they build could pass for factory equipment, especially when it is plugged in with the factory Tenere switch gear.  I was extremely impressed with their craftsmanship.
Yes they have been at the top of my list since day one...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
I don't know Nels other than through this forum and he has a bunch of top notch feedback. I always try to use forum venders. They're the ones who help pay for this show.

If (and it's a big if) someone out there comes up with a flash for a single "existing" button cruise for a reasonable price I would look into it. Vendor or not.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about what it takes to make cruise work on our bikes. A "simple" flash using an existing button vs disassembly wiring and soldering? If it's possible seems like a no brainer to me. YMMV

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
For the record. I would buy a one button cruise flash (that worked and was reliable) for more than $300 too.

The McCruise is $500+ US without shipping (from Australia) or installation.

Just my $.02

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

For the record. I would buy a one button cruise flash (that worked and was reliable) for more than $300 too. 
The McCruise is $500+ US without shipping (from Australia) or installation.

Just my $.02
Add to that the cost of the Super Tenere switch housing for about another $140. If I were to add cruise today, I'd tend to lean towards the McCruise & ST switch housing. Has been proven to work w/o issue.

I just got off the phone with Nels from @2wheeldynoworks . He has been looking at the tuneboy stuff. After looking at the Tuneboy flash files that were loaded on one of his customer's bikes, he did not have good things to say about the flash files. I won't go into details (I don't want to get sued) but i invite you to call Nels at (425) 269-5332 and ask for yourself before ordering this kit from Tuneboy.  
I advise caution here guys.
Sounds like a good reason for Nels to figure out how to get CC into his flashes... ;)
Unfortunately it's up to the software companies 

Very interesting stuff.

The FJ09 has the "Cruise" housing, but not the switches.

Appears it has the ECU that can handle it as well, but not the software in there to just be plug and play. (Shame on Yamaha.)

And I expect that soon, perhaps next year? The FJ and FZ's even will all have factory cruise control using the existing controls, or ECU's just with the software activated/added to the bikes.

Consider that the FJ has everything you need sensor wise to run CC, and the new FZ's do as well. No new expensive sensors with ABS, and E throttle. No additional boxes to install, heck, even the wires should be setup already. (IE: The switches on the FJ are not there, but the wire loom should have the wires and the plugs ready to go if Yamaha was thinking this through.)

At the very worst, a wire loom change, or additional wires would be needed to add the switches to the FJ's controls.

Or if you have a momentary switch that's not used while riding, such as the "Mode" button, then use that like Tune Boy is proving possible.

I'm interested, but going to wait and see what Yamaha does next year CC wise.