New member in Houston

smiley

• Premium Member
Just wanted to say Hi from the north side of H-Town. I have been lurking for a little over a week and you all have really helped in me making my decision on the FJ. Plus, the "out the door price" thread really helped out in my purchase last night. I picked up a gray one this morning and had a great ride. Wow, how much fun.
I have been riding for about 35 years and it's been on a variety of types of bikes. My current (well now my other ) ride is a 97 Valkyrie. I sold my 07 CBR1000rr about 6 months and really cant wait to play with this new FJ-09.
Thanks for all the good info here on the site, and hopefully I can contribute as well.

Take care,
Smiley Jon

Jon

Just wanted to say Hi from the north side of H-Town. I have been lurking for a little over a week and you all have really helped in me making my decision on the FJ. Plus, the "out the door price" thread really helped out in my purchase last night. I picked up a gray one this morning and had a great ride. Wow, how much fun. I have been riding for about 35 years and it's been on a variety of types of bikes. My current (well now my other ) ride is a 97 Valkyrie. I sold my 07 CBR1000rr about 6 months and really cant wait to play with this new FJ-09.
Thanks for all the good info here on the site, and hopefully I can contribute as well.

Take care,
Smiley Jon

Thanks for joining us and the best way to contribute is to remember to share expertise as you learn.

When you fix or repair something on your FJ-09, or install or maintain your bike, please take step by step pics or video and post them in the "How to" section so that other new owners can learn from you for years and years!

I would like this to be the place where people come to learn for free about their FJ-09.

Thanks again for joining us and enjoy!

• Premium Member
Once broken in and the weather gets warmer, you will have a blast on your new ride. Not to rub it in, but it was 84 degrees here in So. Cal today and I had a blast on my new F-Jay. I think I ride it as fast as my old 2007 R1 up until about 100mph. It is not as stable going over that amount which is not very often. You can get on the gas while exiting a turn so soon it is unreal. I love this bike (have I said that before?).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Once broken in and the weather gets warmer, you will have a blast on your new ride. Not to rub it in, but it was 84 degrees here in So. Cal today and I had a blast on my new F-Jay. I think I ride it as fast as my old 2007 R1 up until about 100mph. It is not as stable going over that amount which is not very often. You can get on the gas while exiting a turn so soon it is unreal. I love this bike (have I said that before?).
Oh your not rubbing it in, it was 78 degrees here. Put in 170 miles not riding it too hard. So much fun without needing to go crazy fast. Kind of felt like a supermoto a little bit. I am pretty excited. Thanks for the welcomes :)

Jon

Oh your not rubbing it in, it was 78 degrees here. Put in 170 miles not riding it too hard. So much fun without needing to go crazy fast. Kind of felt like a supermoto a little bit. I am pretty excited. Thanks for the welcomes :)

You're both rubbing it in! :| I went for a 2 hour hike mid afternoon, when it was warmest. 6 F and -11 F with wind chill. I had icicles on my mustache/beard. I've had my FJ over a month now and still haven't ever ridden it, and won't for at least another 6 weeks. Why do I live here?? :P Jealous and grumpy in Ottawa... 8-) (PS: welcome!) 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member

You're both rubbing it in! :| I went for a 2 hour hike mid afternoon, when it was warmest. 6 F and -11 F with wind chill. I had icicles on my mustache/beard. I've had my FJ over a month now and still haven't ever ridden it, and won't for at least another 6 weeks. Why do I live here?? :P Jealous and grumpy in Ottawa... 8-) (PS: welcome!)

Oh man, makes me cold thinking about it. Lets hope for an early spring and you will be on the FJ soon!

Jon

Archived