FJ-09 features explained....in Japanese.

That's nice... Is your daughter going to translate it for the rest of us?

This comment and others like it from the people who made the video aren't much help. "Our videos, it is above all seemed Yakunitate Your. Take a look at a lot of our videos in the future. World of Yamaha to friends who!"

The guy from Japan posting videos has a much better command of the English language than I have of the Japanese language. (I don't speak it at all).  Props to the guy in the video for answering comments in a language other than his own.

Does anyone know if US bikes come with a red key?  I've seen Ducatis that come with a special key that's paired with the instrument cluster.  Does our stateside FJ-09 have this as well?

Did anyone get a 3rd, red key with their bike?

The guy from Japan posting videos has a much better command of the English language than I have of the Japanese language. (I don't speak it at all).  Props to the guy in the video for answering comments in a language other than his own. 
Does anyone know if US bikes come with a red key?  I've seen Ducatis that come with a special key that's paired with the instrument cluster.  Does our stateside FJ-09 have this as well?

I am not aware of any such key in the USA. Of course, those in Europe often get key options that we do not get.

• Premium Member

You can find the keys on fleabay on the cheap. Fleabay Link
yamahaallp.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Thanks.  I'm not in need of a red key, but I'm a little envious that the JDM bike seems to be equipped with an engine immobilizer, similar to the systems I have seen on Ducatis, where there is a chip in the red key that interacts with either the ECU, instrument cluster, or both.  

Evidently, the US-spec bike doesn't have this feature. (that said, I've heard it is a major PITA if you ever lose the special red key, and I'll have theft coverage on my bike anyway).

Archived