.:Review:. SW-MOTECH EVO Engage Tank Bag

I bought the Engage tank bag to take on a 1900 mile trip around Lake Superior. I really liked it. My only complaint is that the raincover is really bulky with the plastic window, and I would have liked a smaller nylon cover since the tank bag is already pretty small, and there is no reason to have a window on this bag's cover. seemed lazy on SW Motech's part. 

f9MN9ZWf9MN9ZW.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
I read your helpful review months ago and ordered myself one back on "black friday" to start of the Christmas shopping season properly. I just got a chance to install it a couple weeks ago but have not ridden with it yet. I installed the spacer but i don't think it's neccessary and will most likely remove it for a closer fit. The bonus for me is that this also fits the contour of the tank on my Triumph Sprint GT. I was not thrilled about drilling holes in the base and it was pricey for the small capacity but it looks great and is a cinch to remove so i'm happy so far.

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I've been using the Engage tank bag for 3 years now.. its a perfect fit for those few thing I would like to keep a close eye on. I did use a shim to mount it, but thinned the shim down and angled it to suit my needs. Great review by the way.

fj09.jpg

• 2 months later...
Is anybodys release cable really hard to pull? Have had mine for about a year now. I could not get it off one day at a gas station and had to rip the cable and almost pulled bike over. Got home and took it apart and found nothing amiss. So lubed it up a bit and its better but still hard.

For those interested, Revzilla is having a clearance sale on the SW Motech Engage tank bag. Close to 1/2 the price it normally is. As shown, bag does fit nicely on the FJ. I went with the low mount FZ-09 EVO ring which was less $$ then the higher priced and taller FJ-09 EVO ring. On and off is fine IMO and fits flush to the tank with no gap which this owner prefers. The bag could be just a bit bigger but..... 

LINKY

Wow, that was fast. Their all gone.
Dang, wish i had know about the low mount.  Not a fan of the gap.  Will probably forget about it with time i suppose.

First of all, thank you for the EXCELLENT review shigeta.

Originally the FZ-09 EVO ring was the only ring available when the 2015 FJ-09 was first released. Peporter did another excellent review back then. link
I've wanted one ever since but couldn't swallow the price.
With the 110 ring, the bag does rub just a bit on the tank surface but not a biggy IMO. EVO 110 is Motech's number for the 2014-current FZ-09 EVO ring.
You can also get a Quick Lock Gadget Holder for GPS, phone etc. link

Be sure to use your "search" key. You can learn all this stuff and then make a decision based on what others have experimented with.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Dang it! This bag has been discontinued. I was all set to pick one up. I'll do some more digging. I'm sure I can find one somewhere.

Revzilla, Twisted Throttle and Amazon are all out of stock. >:(

Dang it! This bag has been discontinued. I was all set to pick one up. I'll do some more digging. I'm sure I can find one somewhere. 
Revzilla, Twisted Throttle and Amazon are all out of stock. angry.png

FortNine has them here. Not sure about the ring though... might have to source elsewhere.
Thanks, I was looking only in the U.S. of A... I will see if shipping charges are tolerable across the border. 

FortNine has them here. Not sure about the ring though... might have to source elsewhere.
Thanks, I was looking only in the U.S. of A... I will see if shipping charges are tolerable across the border.
they don't ship to USA or any place but Canada...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived