Cyclops Adventuresport Tire Pressure Monitoring System

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Motorcycle-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System_p_171.html

The kit it came in, 2 diffrent mount options for dashboard or bar mount, extra batteries, extra seals, key to remove battery, 2 rim stickers for letting the mechanic be aware of the TPMS...You can also set it to BAR pressure or PSI, no F° option, You can also set Low/High pressure alarms...it will show the last tire pressure readings you had when you was done riding when you start up again...

20170506_022414.jpg

After a 20min ride...I need a tad more air up front... It only shows current refreshed data when moving above 10mph...it will automatically cycle between pressure and temp every 30 secs or so...
The pictures are fuzzy, the actual display is crystal clear...

20170506_022143.jpg

20170506_022208.jpg

20170506_024626.jpg

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Is that 31psi front and 37 rear? It would be great if you could post some data on cold pressures and what they rise to with temperature (a graph would be ace, but probably just because I like that kind of stuff).

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Yes thats 31 up front and 37 in the rear...I have only just started keeping track in my head the avg pressure/temp increases... So far after 2 rides on a 45°F night the front tire climbs about 2psi and 2° temp, the rear climbs about 4 psi and 6° temp after two 20 min rides with a 4hr cool down time between trips...first trip was at sunset, road was still warm, the rear climbed an extra 2psi compared to this 2am trip when the road was cold it only climbed 4psi but temps were close in end result maybe 1° warmer on the first run... It will be a few weeks of riding to get a good picture of how the tires warm up and build pressure...i also need to learn C° to its approx F° reading...

• 2 weeks later...
LOVE this. Had something like it on my old S2000 before they became required equipment by the govt. Never seen one for a bike before. The greatest thing if you're an OCD tire pressure kind of person.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

@bbb
I have noticed the front tire climbs up to 3psi at the most so far when it's warm out, main pressure increase is usally 2psi or less/none if cold out
I have noticed the rear will climb an additional 6psi on a warm day, main pressure increase is usally 3-4psi or about 2psi if cold out
My tires pressure psi are set at 34 front/36 rear

The temp difference is usually 7°C hotter in the rear than front on avg...more so when it's hotter out I believe as its not summer here yet, just nice warm 60°F spring weather here in Michigan with temps hitting low as 35°F at night... 90% of my riding is on 3rd shift hours as I work 3rd shift...

Thanks for the data @norcal616.

Does anyone know the weight balance between the front and back? Does the rear tyre rise in temperature more due to a wider cross section (more contact area) or more downward force on the tyre (higher percentage of bike's mass over rear)? I can't see why it could be due to it being the driven wheel, but my physics is rusty.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I believe the front tire is cooler due to it going face first into the cool wind...the rear tire not so much as it rides in the heat zone thats created by a hot engine and the exhaust pipe...both tires start at generally same temp, generally 1° at most, when I start riding...the front can get cooler during my normal riding times...during the summer months I can see myself removing a few PSI from both tires as hotter outside air and road temps increase the tire pressures more...So far I have learned to check tire pressures after a normal ride when tires are all worked up rather than after the bike has been sitting overnight and its probably a good idea to set/adjust suspension after a good ride since the tires pressures increase also are effecting handling... I can feel a ever so slight difference in tire/suspension behavior as the tires warm up and build a few PSI... 

As far balance its probably 48%/52% weight distribution...Yamaha tends to be more rear weight biased in my experience to achieve that " flickabilty " feeling in corners...

Its not worth the effort to test/record as many variables as I can to track for tire temps/pressure changes, leave that stuff to the fancy smancy race teams...The primary reason I got the TPMS is to catch a flat tire/slow leak when riding before its to late...

Are the sensors light enough to not throw off the tire balance or flex the rubber valve stems too much?? 
Also I saw on avrider.com the $30 dollar promo ran out Friday... Perfect late timing.
The rubber stems on the FJ are thick little buggers compared to my dirt bike which looks like reg bicycle stems...the sensors don't weigh much, not much more than the battery...

• 2 weeks later...
The display has a red flashing light just under the screen that lights up the bottom half of the housing...found this out when I put too much pressure in the front...

I also tested 30/30 pressures at the track and found both tires raise psi equally and stayed at 34/34 w/ 29°/39° tire temps...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I installed Hawkshead tpms on my ST1100. Made a bracket on front brake reservoir and mount the fob with velcro. link

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you replace the rubber valve stems with metal ones! I know the sensors are small, but whizzing around at 70mph will put a lot of stress on the stem. I purchased "t" valves, which allow you to add/release air without removing the sensors.  link

I will add the t valves and a tpms at first tire change, will likely try the cyclops unit.

Archived