You must be *this* tall to ride this ride...

Here's a Japanese dealer's video I found that shows people of various height sitting on the FJ-09.  There's also a shot of the bike 2-up, with passenger.

If you're a person who lacks vertical presence, and you want to know if you can fit this bike, this video should help you decide.  Be prepared to know your height in cm (metric), before you watch the video.

When I first test sat on the FJ-09 the dealer had a very good price on the Super Tenere. It felt taller than the FJ. But when I check on the Yamaha Canada site, the seat in the low position of both are the same. Maybe the Tenere has a wider seat, or maybe it just felt taller due to the excess weight: 118 lb heavier!
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I should just be able to get my feet flat at 200cm (6'7") :)
Wow, you be tall. Forget the F-Jay, what kind of car do you drive? Can I call you shack?
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I once had an MX5 (Miata) for 2 weeks, it was fabulous fun but my head hurt going over the speed bumps!
I had a 1970 E-Type (Jaguar) roadster (convertible) a lonnnnnnnng time ago. Very fun car with 300 HP after the engine rebuild. My 6' 5" brother-in-law could only drive it with the top down.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Guest eatpasta
Please do call me Shack, assuming you mean O'Neill and not just a rickerty house :) I drive a Mondeo (Fusion), it's my 14th car in 16 years... I once had an MX5 (Miata) for 2 weeks, it was fabulous fun but my head hurt going over the speed bumps!
my moms got a Miata and at 6'3 I can see over the windshield when I drive it.  Cant imagine what its like for you....  I thought you were going to say the speed bumps hurt your head because you kept hitting it on the ceiling of the parking structures you were driving through 

Archived