Where to source gear

Hi All,

Canberra MT-09 Tracer owner here, mourning the recent closing of the Yamaha dealership here.

I'm currently drooling over a couple of the neat farkles our American friends have access to thru RevZilla, but international shipping makes some of these pretty prohibitive. It seems absurd, for instance, to buy a set of (Australian-made) Barkbusters, from an American site. They've presumably been shipped from Aus, to the US, only to be shipped back to me in Aus.

I'm wondering where you guys source your gear from over here? Especially for the larger/bulkier things, where shipping really kills the prospects. Buying a pair of gloves or similar from Europe or the States is easy enough, but bags? Jackets? 

Cheers in advance.

G'day micmacimus

Yes, a total PITA that we don't have a local dealer.

Just bought a v.v. nice MT-09 Tracer last week and now find I don't have a local dealer for servicing, parts, accessories, etc.

Agree your comments on BarkBusters. Haven't investigated their local (Australian) website to check availability and pricing. But will do soon as I'm thinking the standard guards could be better (ie, replaced).

Wot part of town are you in?? I'm located inner north. Would be happy to catch up with you sometime in person to discuss the ins and outs of the Tracer.

Cheers
MicMacinACT

Adventure Moto in Dural NSW is good for KLIM gear and some other stuff - SW Motech for instance.

Motorrad Garage also good for Tracer parts and accessories.

There's also the Yamaha Y-Shop which have reasonable prices.

Happy shopping.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Just received and order I placed with Chromeburner in Netherlands. Nolan N87 Helmet, plus B5 intercom and got them to throw in an extra set of gloves they had on sale. Was a little nervous - online retailer in another country but I called and spoke with them before I placed the order (good use of my Optus free international minutes) and was satisfied they are leggit (google streetview helps too).

Any hoo the order left Netherlands Thrs, Arrived AUS Post centre Monday and delivered late Wednesday. FREE Post over $X TBC and a big saving on the AU local pricing.

So not a bad option even for those bigger items that are overseas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
@micmacact Are you actually me?  
Also inner north, and you appear to have stolen my nickname... That's awkward, indeed.

Go for a ride some time?
Hi micmacimus 
First time I've been back on this forum since my post way back in May.

Yes happy to catch up for a ride.

Have sent you a Personal Message.

Cheers
Mick

ps - will be interesting to find out how we came to have such similar nicknames  :)

Archived