Fender Eliminator using all OEM parts

robb

Hey Guys,  just wanted to share what I did with all stock parts, by completely disassembling the rear housing and mixing and matching some parts!  Also I included a pic of all the parts I didnt use.  As much as I love the centerstand.  I forsee it disappearing as my next project.

a7usxec.jpgezRqXIf.jpg
evr8kao.jpgXw5lRJn.png

I took a pic from the rear with the plate removed so you can see the 2 OEM brackets I used. I do intend to mount an Ebay special tag light on my hard plate when it comes in. Also you can see the tabs I cut off the stock bracket just to clean it up a bit.  You can also drill 2 holes on the top of your hard license plate to install the OEM plate light which works just fine too.

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished up with my tail tidy project using the OEM bracketry. I did buy and faux carbon fiber license plate bracket and a micro led plate light.  The plate light attached flush with some double sided tape and 2 tiny self tapping screws into the plastic.  DFNijIl.jpgrsCMwhA.jpg

Just finished up with my tail tidy project using the OEM bracketry. I did buy and faux carbon fiber license plate bracket and a micro led plate light.  The plate light attached flush with some double sided tape and 2 tiny self tapping screws into the plastic.  DFNijIl.jpgrsCMwhA.jpg 
Hey, I like that carbon holder...source, please?

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

It get some spray and water spots on the passenger seat, rear swingarm and wheel of course.  I'm not entirely convinced that it is due to the modification.  This color combo of grey, silver and black is just prone to visible water spots and the aerodynamics of wind flow may normally cause some turbulence in that area.  Does anyone have this issue of spray up on the passenger seat with the stock license bracket?

Archived