How To: Super Tenere LED turn signals (basic info)

• Supporting Member
Do you need two blinker relays for the front or just one?
Only one relay for the entire bike. I replaced all four signals with the Super Tenere LED lights, and used the suggested relay to get the flasher speed back to normal.

https://tstindustries.com/TST-LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to update this. I cut out the resistors because I too figured they were for load balancing. After some time the blinkers have turned very orange and close to red. I expect at some point they will burn out and I’ll have to do this over again. Oh well lesson learned.

• 2 weeks later...
Installed my front Super Tenere (ST) LED blinkers today. A big thank you do Stevesweetz for providing the pictures and write up on post #1.

Weird that on the Tracer GT the right side blinker wires are different colors from the left side. For instance, what is red on the left side is blue on the left. Why wouldn't they be the same? Just to be difficult I suppose. Anyway, the most challenging part was getting the base of the ST blinker back on the plastic side panel. Really took a lot of screw driver prying and cajoling.

The blinkers look and fit great and the black finish is a much nicer match to the rest of the bike then the grey finish of the stock pumpkins.

For the back I used Motorydynamics integrated tail light. The TST relay worked great controlling both front and back blinkers. Plus, I could eliminate the tail lights resistors which are bulky and from what I understand, put off a fair amount of heat.
  • Thumbsup 1

• 1 year later...