Black Widow - another exhaust option?

Henchman

Guest kernowjim
If I didn't have to remove the whole can I would. Suffice to say it would not be tolerable IMHO. 
So too loud in your opinion?  That's the concern I have - I don't want to run a system with a baffle, may as well save my money and continue to use the standard system.  I would like it to be louder but not so loud it becomes unpleasant.

I see one that looks like the Graves Exhaust can on the last page... for reference 350mm exhaust can sticks out not much further than the foot brake pedal but still inside the foot peg* slight design variance may come into play depending on the midpipe bend/location...

on another note- the Graves Exhaust has hardly any fueling difference rather you run with or without a baffle- thats a well thought out exhaust system...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Guest kernowjim
So why is it you insist on not running a baffle? I think you would like mine if you heard it in person. Like I said before the video does not do the quality of the sound justice.
Full power isn't reached with the baffle in place and doesn't sound as good as it should either (subjective of course) - I figure if you're going to put a straight through system on a bike, then it should be straight through all the way.  

• 1 month later...
I have had one for about a month now. I got it directly from Black Widow. It’s the low mount with a 300 mm SS can with a carbon tip.
It seems to be of high quality and went on easily. When I had enquired as to whether the high mount version would interfere with the
factory bags they said they weren’t sure, but that they would send both versions for the same price. It arrived in less than a week.
It is louder of course, but I like it. I did not take them up on their offer of the high mount after more closely studying pics on their website.
I will be getting the eco reflashed shortly to complete the package. I think it ended up around $470.00 total.

I have had one for about a month now. I got it directly from Black Widow. It’s the low mount with a 300 mm SS can with a carbon tip. It seems to be of high quality and went on easily. When I had enquired as to whether the high mount version would interfere with the
factory bags they said they weren’t sure, but that they would send both versions for the same price. It arrived in less than a week.
It is louder of course, but I like it. I did not take them up on their offer of the high mount after more closely studying pics on their website.
I will be getting the eco reflashed shortly to complete the package. I think it ended up around $470.00 total.

Did they bend you over on shipping? Doesn't sound like they did...  
Do you have a picture of the exhaust? I'm going back and forth between the SS, black, and carbon- all with carbon tip.

Shipping was fair. Also very quick. I chose the SS can in black with the carbon cap over the carbon can because of price and perceived greater durability. It’s been rainy lately and I don’t think anybody wants to see how filthy my scooter is. :( Their website photos show each style on the bike.

Shipping was fair. Also very quick. I chose the SS can in black with the carbon cap over the carbon can because of price and perceived greater durability. It’s been rainy lately and I don’t think anybody wants to see how filthy my scooter is. sad.png Their website photos show each style on the bike.
I was able to contact them and get a quote for the 300mm SS system with carbon end cap. I think $417 to my door in SoCal is too good a price to pass up, even if the system only holds up for a few years. 

Just blew my FJ cash on winter gear today, the exhaust will have to wait a bit.. lol8.gif

• 4 weeks later...
I have had one for about a month now. I got it directly from Black Widow. It’s the low mount with a 300 mm SS can with a carbon tip. It seems to be of high quality and went on easily. When I had enquired as to whether the high mount version would interfere with the

Did you have any issues with it clearing the oil pan?

Guest kernowjim
my only concern is that Black Widow have not done any dyno research and as a result do not publish any figures relating to performance and drive-ability.  I'm of the opinion, you get what you pay for...