Black Widow - another exhaust option?

Henchman

Received mine this morning as a gift, much to my surprise. Install was probably a 5/10 regarding difficulty but there wasn't anything that was really difficult, just awkward in some places. Took it for a 15-20 min spin to heat cycle everything, what a big difference. Power I couldn't tell a difference, felt like the same ridiculously awesome bike as before- the sound quality was obviously improved vastly. I have not flashed the ECU for it so there is popping on deceleration from being on the lean side. I did reinstall the O2 sensor for now.

I'll be sending the ECU off to FlashTune pretty soon here, just have to work my schedule around taking the 3/4ton Van to work for a number of days as the bike is my commuter.

20171224_110807.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I just ordered a 300MM full-carbon setup from them direct. Got a better deal than from the E-bay store. $550 shipped here to the US of A. Can't wait to install this and get a little more BRAP out of this sweet triple. :)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Placed the order Saturday night, and already got the shipping / tracking email, they are projecting I'll have it this week! That is FAST considering it's coming from the UK...

• Premium Member
Squeeee!!!

DsRSEZDfbqmvIihH9Ya248j95TKZ_SSqYErbcHam2CaldiPm5VzqhLjjRJPbRu7vJ33ZhgWg9JDgbeLwEXRgq7k_g2myH14hgKVdAAIpQAwNxDfRbjuzZQVXBvIqe61XEPLf0Sf1Mg

• Premium Member
Whoa, mama. Daddy like. Daddy like a LOT. 

CZDeMDXzhAHy14duubghL2E03JhIbNrbfwPXMG-qP43DswStSobmP68x3RNI0JyQQUxCyA64tMyT9-Z_thqsSb48BDsxRoO-Ar56leKN8LMoUv2Ci3mfACrBsaEQfvD8JDWvaKY_4A

The quality is damn nice. Welds on the headers are really good. The CF can is a beauty.

IChcImWUOtAT7Gcl1B_Z4S-vzZTuzYc0hg126PYIx1BSflk2QyjG_YjDJeK3y04r70fGMOXWwAtszKQQq-c1L_Fk72pFKSMkzHwvj1mADZs5nuuUpIwhQFJbdPmKt0ZVZosWoX3NXQ

That won't be loud at all. Nope. Not one little bit. Oops, the baffle fell out.  P-)

qgTdY1hSpQnxNoPb233UEr9q0rHcgqKIZwViLqQm5NLkBmQppBmWeqYuZ8uYOuWnXB7BbltNvev9FL5KExL3mIJp1wK2pZaOwwmISdPcvpBMBrN4OIA83AnBA00PrCNdJtkC427f_w

• Supporting Member
That won't be loud at all. Nope. Not one little bit. Oops, the baffle fell out.  pirate.png 

qgTdY1hSpQnxNoPb233UEr9q0rHcgqKIZwViLqQm5NLkBmQppBmWeqYuZ8uYOuWnXB7BbltNvev9FL5KExL3mIJp1wK2pZaOwwmISdPcvpBMBrN4OIA83AnBA00PrCNdJtkC427f_w

Does it actually come with a baffle insert? 
Nice looking product, be sure to write up your impressions once you get a ride with it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
That won't be loud at all. Nope. Not one little bit. Oops, the baffle fell out.  pirate.png 

Does it actually come with a baffle insert? 
Nice looking product, be sure to write up your impressions once you get a ride with it.

It sure as shootin' does come with a DB killer insert. Frankly though, I considered it for a while (.0025 seconds) and threw it in my 'spare parts' bin in the garage, and deeply gazed into the gorgeous maw of the 'silencer' (LOL those wonderful, crazy Brits and their lingo) as you see above, and decided that a little noise is highly in order for this old man. Ever heard a triple at full song with a nice exhaust? Ohhhh, mommy. It's like the gods of speed are having sex in the motel room next door, and the sound is just intoxicating. Why spend $550 USD for a lovely setup as this, and cork the sucker up? ;) 
I don't expect it to be too obnoxious. It is a 300mm can, fully packed and baffled, and I ran a similar setup on my '07 SV-650 with a Delkevic slip-on, and it wasn't raucous or stupid loud. It did sound extremely good, which is what I expect from this baby. 

I really can't express how good the whole shebang looks in person. Fit & finish are way above the price tag, which (once again) brings my old Delkevic to mind. Bargain priced, quality product. I'm really happy with what I got out of that well packed box. The CF can was packed in there with extra care, 1 layer of heavy plastic bag, inside of a custom-labeled drawstring fibre bad, inside of a molded styrofoam box in a heavy duty cardboard box. The really take steps to keep the can in perfect shape during shipping. All header pipes are double-wrapped in plastic with bubble wrap over that. All parts in sealed plastic bags so nothing is missing. And YES! STICKERS!!! Hahaha

From what I have seen so far: super fast shipping, top-notch pachaging, excellent appearance of fit, finish, and parts... I'm very happy with this purchase. To get such a nice exhaust at this price point is ridiculous. I could have spend $500 to $700 more for another brand, but why? For the name? Pffft. A name is just a name. I'll let you know how it sounds once mounted up... but my hunch tells me it's gonna sound great.

• Supporting Member
@trambo Thanks for the write-up. It sounds like you are gonna love it.
For the money it looks to be very high quality, I am curious if you will feel any performance gain?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
@trambo Thanks for the write-up. It sounds like you are gonna love it. For the money it looks to be very high quality, I am curious if you will feel any performance gain?
Meh, I doubt it. But I didn't buy it for performance. This bike already has as much of that as I can handle. I just want to hear the love. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I'm beat! I started work @ 0900 after coffee & cereal. I finished at 1130, 2 1/2 hours later and my butt is whooped. Haha.

The old exhaust wasn't as bad to remove as some forum members warned. Working around the center stand wasn't nearly the chore I was led to believe. I followed one guy's advice and put the rear up on my T-Rex paddock stand to allow movement of the center stand, and that was the trick. All 6 manifold nuts came off the studs with no drama. Overall, I think I recorded 45 minutes getting the old system down.

Assembling the new BW exhaust was simple and straightforward... to a degree. I wasn't thinking 3-dimensionally when I was trying to fit the headers up but after fiddling a while, I twisted things as I moved forward and aft, and again that did the trick. Everything married right up. Fitting the can on the collector also took a lot of twisting/turning and fiddling, but after a bit of time it fell into position and I got it all bolted up nice & tight. Inserted the electronic bung, had an oh-sh!t moment thinking I was stripping the threads (I was not, just needed my readers to see I was going at the incorrect angle, duh) and buttoned it up. 2.5 hours total time, completed this job at 1130.

I took a drink of water, keyed the ignition, and fired it up...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dmBD7YRfGZxR5Dpi1

Sweet Josey Wales. The sound is... magnificent.

But... LOUD as HELL. Holy SH!T it's obnoxious with the baffle out. The sound level nearly liquefied my kidneys when I revved it up. Jeebus!! Seriously... It's GP-loud. Nope. Nope, nope. I immediately re-attached the DB killer. It definitely dropped the level to more neighbor-friendly, and it still sounds amazingly tasty. The video does it ZERO justice. You just can't appreciate the deep, low bass of the new can in that. It sounds 100% better now!
  • Thumbsup 1