Naming Vehicles

I never named my vehicles, to me they are tools to get a job done. I haven't named a hammer or a wrench that I have ever owned, I don't plan on starting to now.  That being said, my first car did get named by my then girlfriend as Christine (look up the movie if you need to), because the thing kept trying o kill me.

I've named every bike so far... Not so much any of my cars. 

CBF1000 was Wanda the Honda
XJ6 Diversion was Pam the Yam ( hard work naming that one)
Thruxton was Humphrey
MT09 is Optimus Prime as it looks like a transformer. 

::)

• Premium Member
That being said, my first car did get named by my then girlfriend as Christine (look up the movie if you need to), because the thing kept trying o kill me.
My wife would say: 
"Oh sure.  Blame it on the CAR."

:D

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

A name may come, for now I call her the 09. I never named my FJ1200, just called her the FJ. Now I call her the 1200. Picking a name for the 09. She is a lady but also has a slut side. Turn off the traction control and swich to A mode. Do this at your own risk. What do you call a woman who is a lady, but doesn't mind getting dirty once and a while? 

Kurt

That being said, my first car did get named by my then girlfriend as Christine (look up the movie if you need to), because the thing kept trying o kill me.
My wife would say: 
"Oh sure.  Blame it on the CAR."

:D

If she saw the movie.... then ya.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

It was a late 70's Japanese hatch, the heater hoses were routed along the firewall where the steering column went through. At the time I had it, it was close to 20 years old. First incident, the hose burst right along the steering column. All the steam came in through the steering column shroud on the inside directly into my face, on the highway. Second incident, rear brakes locked up completely, thankfully while I was driving slowly on a mine road with berms on each side, just played pinball until I stopped. Under-body was Swiss cheese with rust, depending on where I would sit in traffic, or which way the wind blew, I got a lot of fumes inside. What did I care, I was 18, it was mine and it (mostly) ran. I do have one tool that I named though. I have a snow scoop that I call @#$#, insert your own expletive. If you aren't sure what a snow scoop is, or have never had the joy of using one, lucky you.

Golan the insatiable FJ-09.....google the image and tell me it fits 
Motorcycles have personalities discovered while riding them.
Yes...  yes it fits!!

I agree Motorcycles have personalities.  So far only owned 2 bikes...  Holly Hornet and Tiffany Tracer.

• 1 month later...
After riding my GS (the FJ is in the shop for first service) through a very marshy area at the height of black fly season, I may need to break my rule on naming my tools. GS, I dub thee "Bug Hammer". Now to spend the rest of my weekend cleaning it.

Archived