Helmet Lock?

• Supporting Member
I just want a helmet lock that is not a hassle to use and is attached to the bike. Like the Japanese manufacturers put on all of the bikes back in the old days.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I just want a helmet lock that is not a hassle to use and is attached to the bike. Like the Japanese manufacturers put on all of the bikes back in the old days.
This is all you need....

Part #s ….
4R8-21308-01
2SC-2115J-00
90149-06154

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
This is all you need.... 
Part #s ….
4R8-21308-01
2SC-2115J-00
90149-06154

Thanks, have you mounted any of these to your bike? I'm looking for a place to put one on the Tracer GT

I can confirm the part numbers. All genuine Yamaha parts so it is literally OEM. 
You will need:
4R8-21308-01
2SC-2115J-00
90149-06154

The helmet lock comes with its own set of keys, but it looks like you can remove the cylinder and re-key it, so I will get back to you on that. Also, the helmet definitely fits with side cases installed.

20170609_154509.jpg

20170609_154757.jpg

@roadrash83 this was my original post.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
I can confirm the part numbers. All genuine Yamaha parts so it is literally OEM. 
You will need:
4R8-21308-01
2SC-2115J-00
90149-06154

The helmet lock comes with its own set of keys, but it looks like you can remove the cylinder and re-key it, so I will get back to you on that. Also, the helmet definitely fits with side cases installed.

20170609_154509.jpg

20170609_154757.jpg

Awesome thank you very much!

Awesome thank you very much!
Just saw that yours is a GT... should work as long as the passenger footrests mounts in the same place.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Part Number 2SC-2115J-00 Comes up in a Google search a the weird little helmet hanger hook that is on our FJs

Not a plate that goes under the passenger peg bracket.

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/546a264ef87002164cb27ffa/seat

Number 32 in the diagram

Screenshot-41.png

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Hope this doesn't violate any rules. It's a link to some guy's blog about his Tracer. Showing the parts and part numbers.

I can not find the PN 2SC-2115J-00 anywhere, as I said previously the number changes to 2PP-2115J-00 and it isn't the same.

https://tracer900.wordpress.com/category/luggage/

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

you'll want ya helmet high up so no scrote can wee in it. those handlebar that I posted up.
these will mount onto your existing brackets.
those 'D' bit on ya helmet strap can easily prized apart. so if a thief wants it bad enough they'll take it.
just cut the strap and fit the other bit off another helmet and sell it on to others.
it wont matter to them regarding safety as long as they got the money.
where do you draw the line????

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MT-07-FZ-07-MT-09-FZ09-MT09-TRACER-Helmet-Lock-Handlebar-Clamp-For-Yamaha-MT-FZ/272258698848?hash=item3f63e20e60:m:mmp4VJMMa_N8n5hDl4Ii_kw:rk:14:pf:0

This summer I purchased the Yamaha helmet lock from Yamaha of Cucamonga:

Capture.png

I removed the lock barrel, inserted my ignition key, and then ground the exposed tumblers to make it keyed to the ignition key. I made my own mount that replicated the OEM mount but included a mount for a Powerlet socket forward of the frame.

After a summer of riding wet, dirty roads, the lock gets a lot of grime from the rear tire and now doesn't always want to lock. I'm going to disassemble the lock and pack it with grease to see it that helps keep the lock free.

20181030-080524.jpg