• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello from Oregon

gabefzr6

I am starting to look for an eventual replacement for my 2007 Tiger 1050.  I love the bike but it is getting a bit on in age.  The 2015 FJ-09 could be my next bike.

1st off, thanks for joining us! This place is all about you, the members! And what we do with our FFJ-09's and FZ-09's.

2nd, I love my FZ-09. The stock suspension kinda sucks, and so will the FJ-09. But, I have had to upgrade the spring on just about every bike I have owned in the last ten years anyways, to suit my weight an riding style.

The triple engine makes it all worth it. This engine is that good, tons and tons of power down low. It tapers off in the high RPM's, but with all that power down low, you don't need the top RPM's unless you are racing the FJ-09 in Moto GP against Marquez.

you can lug this bike and still pull wheelies on command.

This wonderful Triple is the best street engine I have ever owned. 0-90 mph it leaves alot of bikes in the dust.

• 1 month later...
Hi Gabe, I am in Vanc. WA, just wondering what the fzr6 relate to? Have you traded that 1050 in yet. It isn't blue is it?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Traded it in on Friday!  Yes it was blue.  Got my (not so shiny) new grey FJ-09 in the garage and I've already started modifying.  The FZR6 refers to the bike that I had when I started to take my riding seriously.  Which led to track days and riding schools.  That was 20 years ago.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Traded it in on Friday!  Yes it was blue.  Got my (not so shiny) new grey FJ-09 in the garage and I've already started modifying.  The FZR6 refers to the bike that I had when I started to take my riding seriously.  Which lead to track days and riding schools.  That was 20 years ago.

Congrats Gabe! I was gonna wait until Spring to trade my FZ-09 in for one, but now that everyone else on here is getting one...

Traded it in on Friday!  Yes it was blue.  Got my (not so shiny) new grey FJ-09 in the garage and I've already started modifying.  The FZR6 refers to the bike that I had when I started to take my riding seriously.  Which led to track days and riding schools.  That was 20 years ago.
Reason I asked is that there was a guy looking at the FJ on the floor at ProCaliber in Vanc. when I was leaving after buying my red FJ on Wed. of last week.  A blue 1050 was outside.   Could that have been you?

Reason I asked is that there was a guy looking at the FJ on the floor at ProCaliber in Vanc. when I was leaving after buying my red FJ on Wed. of last week.  A blue 1050 was outside.   Could that have been you?
Yep.  That was me.  I was shopping it around to see what various places would give for trade in value.  I got a little better deal at Beaverton and it was closer to home.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

If your avatar is any indication of your street skills, we should get together one of these days and ride to Windy Ridge, or else where. I don't hang off, but scoot along at a good clip.

Dragging a kneepuck is great fun, but its only a track day thing for me.  On the street I still hang off, more out of habit than necessity though.  Windy Ridge is a beautiful ride.  However, the last few years have seen the pavement badly deteriorated in places.  That and the ever present harassment from law enforcement.  Would you believe that I have been pulled over and talked to but not given a warning or a ticket on four separate occasions in that area?  Usually I have been lectured on not wearing appropriate gear (I always wear full armoured cordura gear, sport gloves & boots, a full face ARAI and a back protector) or whether or not my tires are in good condition.  Sometimes they just complain that too many motorcycles are riding and crashing in the area.  Either way, I tend to go only once a year and I make a point to spend as little money as possible while in Washington.  Law enforcement has made it clear that they are uninterested in my tourism dollars.

OK. Rant over.

Maybe this spring when Windy Ridge opens again, I'll drop you a message.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Dragging a kneepuck is great fun, but its only a track day thing for me.  On the street I still hang off, more out of habit than necessity though.  Windy Ridge is a beautiful ride.  However, the last few years have seen the pavement badly deteriorated in places.  That and the ever present harassment from law enforcement.  Would you believe that I have been pulled over and talked to but not given a warning or a ticket on four separate occasions in that area?  Usually I have been lectured on not wearing appropriate gear (I always wear full armoured cordura gear, sport gloves & boots, a full face ARAI and a back protector) or whether or not my tires are in good condition.  Sometimes they just complain that too many motorcycles are riding and crashing in the area.  Either way, I tend to go only once a year and I make a point to spend as little money as possible while in Washington.  Law enforcement has made it clear that they are uninterested in my tourism dollars. 
OK. Rant over.

Maybe this spring when Windy Ridge opens again, I'll drop you a message.
Sorry you have so much trouble with the cops in WA.  I usually make the trip up to Windy Ridge 4-5 times a year.  Don't count on it being open until June.  About the road, it has been getting worse every year for the past 15 years.  The patch work is someting to be improve on.  You have to ride alertly and avoid the bad spots.  Part of the fun.  My last two tickets have been in  WA.  Lucky me, I got both deferred.

Archived