Scottolier Auto chain oilers

• Premium Member
I have the Tutoro cobbled on with zip ties at the moment, until I have the luggage. Early days yet but it certainly works. The device is new to me so whether it will prove as good as a Scottoiler in the long term is yet to be answered. Very simply DIY fit. So far easy to regulate but it is cool and the oil is thick. It will be interesting to see if the flow rate can be controlled in summer temperatures when the oil gets thinner.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Got around to installing the Scottoiler e-system yesterday, got sick of spraying down the chain ever week.  I also got the dual injectors, I will see how this works out. 

Basically took out a bolt from the back plate on the swing arm and screwed the dual injector in it place, the screw that the dual injector comes with is the right size thread, but too long so I cut it down to the right length.  It almost dead center in this position, maybe a washer between it and the swing arm and it would be perfect but I just heated the injector nozzle and bent those to compensate and shorten the nozzle length also.

Picture of the install, I hope those stick it hose holder will last, I went the route to hide the hose so it not so visible on the bike.

20150323_183846.jpg
20150323_183948.jpg
20150323_184046.jpg
20150323_184356.jpg
20150323_184407.jpg

So far a ride to work and back and no issues, but it does splatter tiny specks of oil on the underside of the bike, most of it get caught under the chain guard.  But quick wipe down of pledge is less work than spraying down the chain I guess :-/

Archived