I got a ticket on the dragon

fjmax

So I got my first ticket on my fj? A friend and I was riding on the dragon and what do you know it a cop was waiting for me on the other side of the curve. He said he got me at 64 in a 30. Hopefully the judge will work with me on dropping it down or letting me take a driving class

• Premium Member
Nowadays the cops are always there on the weekends and their usually around on the weekdays during the busy season. It's not that they want to be way the hell out there writing tickets but its the only way they know how to keep the death rate down. And don't bother trying to look out for them because they'll see you way before you see them. 
  • Thumbsup 1
BLB

• Premium Member
So I got my first ticket on my fj? A friend and I was riding on the dragon and what do you know it a cop was waiting for me on the other side of the curve. He said he got me at 64 in a 30. Hopefully the judge will work with me on dropping it down or letting me take a driving class
64 in a 30 zone ???  wouldnt that be the same % over as doing 128 in a 60 zone 
BLB

• Premium Member
My buddy got a ticket in San Francisco on his FJ, got him on radar while he was drag racing some other hooligan on their FJ doing somewhere around 70 in a 35.

He used some outfit advertised on the radio at the time called Ticket Crushers - it actually worked and they got the ticket dropped after a few months and under $200 if I recall correctly.  He never had to go to court in person either.

I was thinking about maybe using them if ever I get caught whilst drag racing some lunatic on their FJ again or... wait, what? (rofl)

I thought that to. But it's only 34mph over the speed limit. Which 34 mph over in Ga is a super speeder and is 6 points on your license

It's incredibly easy to do those speeds on an FJ on the dragon. It's very difficult to keep the speeds under the ever lowering speed limit on the dragon. I find myself looking through the corners and throttle on to weight the back wheel for more traction and stability. If you aren't staring at your speedo, the FJ will get you up over 60 before you realize it, especially coming out of a turn onto a short straight. The dragon is still worth doing once but it's fame has ruined it IMHO.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
It's incredibly easy to do those speeds on an FJ on the dragon. It's very difficult to keep the speeds under the ever lowering speed limit on the dragon. I find myself looking through the corners and throttle on to weight the back wheel for more traction and stability. If you aren't staring at your speedo, the FJ will get you up over 60 before you realize it, especially coming out of a turn onto a short straight. The dragon is still worth doing once but it's fame has ruined it IMHO.
I agree completely. I've always tried to go there twice per year for the last 16 years or so. If you want a good clean run on the dragon now, you have to do it pretty much at dawn. Otherwise it gets so clogged up with Harleys that you'll be doing 20 m.p.h. around the corners. And I haven't been behind a cruiser there yet that knows what all those pull-offs are for.  
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
They got me at 57 in a 30 zone right at the western exit of the Dragon near the lake.  He was sitting in the parking area on the right.

Cop told me to call an 800 number to take care of it when I got home.

I did. $300 fine, AAA driving class, and ticket wiped from my record. TN never notified my ins company or home state. Painless!

I think they ticket in Blount County mainly for revenue, not to be mean!

cb 
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09