How much is too much....weight

I have to ask opinion here from people who have an FJ already.  I saw a thread on heights for riders and touching the ground and all, but I am curious about how well the FJ will deal with weight.  I have not seen anything that suggests that there are any adjustments for suspension or anything, but I might be uninformed.  One of the issues holding me back from purchase is will the FJ hold me, gear, and possibly another rider and not be struggling with all that.  All the youtube videos I have watched have been a skinny 20 somethings with a helmet blasting around.  I have not really seen anything with a fully geared up bike and passenger.  Any thoughts?  

• Premium Member
DeersSlayer...thanks for the info, where did you find that number? 

Page 7-18 of the owners manual. Maximum Load*397 lbs for all except the California bikes, 395 lbs for California bikes (Yay, we get 2 pounds of smog crap!). *Total weight of rider, passenger, cargo, and accessories. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived