Dragon

New York city
That's a heck of a trip. Do you just haul ass down 95 until NC or mix it up a bit more?

I usually ride west through Pennsylvania, than turn south and use back roads in WV and than onto the blue ridge parkway - it’s a good ride as long as the weather cooperates...

So I was just checking out where *exactly* the Dragon is. I noticed is really close to Knoxville and I'm going to a business conference in Knoxville next week. All of a sudden this "business" trip is looking like a motorcycle trip with some business mixed in.

Hope to see you out there. I’ll be in the area Monday through Wednesday

• Premium Member
Our group will be down there 1st week of June for the annual 'rally'.  
This will be my tenth year going down. I'm pretty stoked, it never gets old riding down there.
What kinda rally??
Well, for several years it was THE official Suzuki SV Rally USA. Sadly, that came to an end a few years back, not surprisingly after the SV was discontinued and a lot of participants parted ways with the venerable old SV's and a lot of folks just lost interest as attendance dropped the last 3 or 4 years.  
Thankfully, a core group of us that have been going for years decided to continue the annual trek every year the first week of June, and we now call it "BYOR" for "Bring Your Own Rally". We still have a few SV owners that attend, but we have a much broader spectrum of motorbikes now. Examples include BMW, Ducati, Triumph, KTM, heck you name it and we bring all kinds. We all share a passion for riding. It's a great group we have, although this year I think we're down to only 14 attendees. :( Last year we had around 20 or so. The older we all get, the harder it is for people to notch that week in the calendar books.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

So I was just checking out where *exactly* the Dragon is. I noticed is really close to Knoxville and I'm going to a business conference in Knoxville next week. All of a sudden this "business" trip is looking like a motorcycle trip with some business mixed in.
Hope to see you out there. I’ll be in the area Monday through Wednesday
I'd be slabbing it in Wednesday into Knoxville where said business will happen Thursday and Friday morning. After that I'd be free to play. So it looks like I'd miss ya.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
June 1-3 then @trambo ?
We'll be there from June 3rd thru 10th. You headed down?

• 1 month later...
June 1-3 then @trambo ?
I seen a gray FJ there a couple times, I bet that was yours. I was there Monday through Friday on a red one. Though for two days I mixed it up and rode rented bikes. I rented a dual sport and did the dirt Cherahola and Street Triple and had a ball. I've always wanted to ride a Street through there, figuring it was like my old SV on steroids. It was a hoot! 

• Premium Member
I seen a gray FJ there a couple times, I bet that was yours. I was there Monday through Friday on a red one. Though for two days I mixed it up and rode rented bikes. I rented a dual sport and did the dirt Cherahola and Street Triple and had a ball. I've always wanted to ride a Street through there, figuring it was like my old SV on steroids. It was a hoot!
Yup, that was me. I saw you on the Cherahola one day, was wondering if the rider was on the forum here. Cool!

• Premium Member
Yeah that is cool. I actually remember you from the SV forum. That's a few bikes ago, but I have a soft spot in my heart for that bike yet too.
No kidding? Did you ever go to the SV Rally? What was your old screen name on SVR?

No, I've never really posted enough on any forum to get to really know people, but I know the screen names. My name on the SV forum was the same, Rockin SV. I never made any of the rallies, but coincidentally ended up down there when one was going on. I had already moved on to my FZ1 at that point.