Blank Key code

15 hours ago, gerrychuck said:

My Canadian 2019 Tracer GT does not use transponder keys.  I bent one of my keys in the side case lock or the seat lock (not sure which) just yesterday, ran down today to the local locksmith and left 5 minutes later with two new keys (same as the one in the picture above) for a grand total of $8.00.  Works perfectly.  The code series for the blank is Yamaha A8001-8250. 

Was that the ILCO blank that was used or the Yamaha blank?  Did your locksmith have the Ilco blank?  I guess I'm confused since you posted the Yamaha #.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:10 PM, Fishtexx said:

My 2019 Tracer 900 GT has an immobilizer system. It comes with 2 regular use keys (with transponder) and a third "re-registration Key."  I assume that is a master key that is used to sync more copies.

After digging deeper, my bike does NOT have the transponder key. That's a good thing IMO.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, Skidood said:

Was that the ILCO blank that was used or the Yamaha blank?  Did your locksmith have the Ilco blank?  I guess I'm confused since you posted the Yamaha #.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.  The locksmith had the Ilco blank. I got the range of numbers from an eBay listing which was selling Ilco blanks according to the Yamaha codes.  The codes they listed correspond to my own key code that came with the bike when new, so Ilco uses the same code numbers.

• Thumbsup 1