Mileage Milestones

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
What about over 20K miles?

Last ride I went up to Wauwatosa, WI for lunch (Trip 1 is ride total; Trip 2 is whats on tank)

20171021_191859.jpg

been slacking off on mileage since bought new in July 2016. Work, work and more work (3 jobs)

20171021_191907.jpg

• 1 month later...
12/17/17 100,005
That's awesome.  Congratulations!
That is truly wonderful ... and ...  I am truly jealous. :D   Congratulations.   
Any issues??  I only got mine about 3 months and 11,700 miles ago +/-.  And am always on the lookout for bike specific issues I need to keep an eye out for. 

Love it so far though.  Now if Mama Yama would put this engine in a middleweight version  (say sub 500 lbs / 226 kg) of the Super Tenere ... and keep the shaft drive ... I would be in heaven.  Heck, I'd trade in my ST and buy it even if they insist on keeping the chain. ::)

Passed 11,700 miles this week.  Mildly disappointed but can't complain too much given the season (fall to winter) and that I've only had it about 3 months.

Love the silly beast.  :D   First real light weight bike I've ever owned.  

Oil & Filter every 4,000 miles ,chain & sprockets about every 20,000 +/- CCT replaced twice then went with manual , Fuel pump was weak but never quit , replaced at about 53,000 also clutch cable just to be safe no problem , valves checked twice , slight adjustments. Excellent dealer service from K&N YAMAHA Tulsa Ok. Never stranded all original except V Stream windshield.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
How embarrassing...  at a hair over 7,000 miles in about 18 months, I haven't even hit the 'You must be this tall to ride the attraction' hurdle.    
I'm working on it most weekends, 200 miles at a time.

Finally! On a winding farm-to-market road somewhere east of Navasota Texas, I rolled past the 10k first tier threshold.

0b66083c2787075086b33132e8cfae51.jpg
b3273c4709f285c915b78687f3426e8d.jpg

In my defense, it’s been zero commuter or interstate miles; every one has been in Sunday morning sport ride mode. It’s been a great bike, and I’m looking forward to a bunch more miles.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

20k.jpg

I hit 20K this morning while on a 2-Day road trip. I have had the bike almost a year and a half.

In the first year of ownership I hit 16k, I hope to get close to 30k this year.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***