Mileage Milestones

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to hit 10,000 this year but I didn't make it. A long winter, skipping spring straight into a rainy summer cut down on my riding time. I should break 7,000 by the end of the week.

'15 FJ09

• 5 weeks later...
2000 miles on my 3 week old GT, loving it. Not enough to submit a vote yet but in my defense the 9 year old Kawasaki that I traded for the GT had 425,000 miles (not a typo) and my 2 yr old Super Tenere already has over 50,000 miles.
I've been to James Bay, Trans Lab to Goose Bay, Dempster all the way to Tuktoyaktuk, Chicken, Homer, Skagway, Hyder, Flin Flon, Meat Cove, Key West, and the list goes on. :)
  • Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

Joined the 30,000 mile club on the way home from work today, just shy of 4 years since I brought her home. Thanks to Cruizin for the amazing forum and all the members here who have been a wealth of information along the way. Ride safe gang.

20190218_170648.thumb.jpg.c6119b1d8057ae86c4b272cec5840c2a.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
8 hours ago, olddawg said:

8/9/2019  169,000 

You are my Hero!!!!!!😎

20190810_074325.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Premium Member

Took me awhile to put 20K more miles on since last posting on this thread (5 years). I don't commute as far, or ride every Saturday with a group like I used to, and adding an Aprilia Tuono 660 Factory to my garage hasn't helped. But I still enjoy this bike immensely; that CP3 is such a good motor. 

20230508_181319.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

adding an Aprilia Tuono 660 Factory to my garage

I know this is off-topic, but do tell:  What do you think?  I’ve been really tempted by a 660 Tuono or a 890 Duke R 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I know this is off-topic, but do tell:  What do you think?  I’ve been really tempted by a 660 Tuono or a 890 Duke R 

No problem! I wanted something sporty & close to 400 lbs for solo rides, especially since moving to the N GA/TN/W NC area. The Duke 890R was on my radar, but 2 riding buddies had bad experiences with KTM recently and the local dealer didn't exactly give the warm fuzzies either. The closest Aprilia dealer is 2 hours away, but it hasn't been an issue.

I've put about 4000 miles on it so far, and the it's been a fantastic machine. The only nit-pick was a known issue where the shift linkage worked loose; it was covered by warranty when the redesigned part came in. Very good fit & finish, upgraded suspension and Brembo radial MC on the Factory version made it a no-brainer for me. The electronics package is probably overkill for a 600, but that's ok. I really need to get it down to Barber and see what it'll do. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1