2017 FJ-09 How To Reset Check Engine Light

dbeau

On 9/9/2018 at 12:13 PM, cuff said:

Thanks for all this info dbeau. I was looking to smooth out my new 2017 and thought 'what the hell', I'll adjust the APS a little at a time to see what the difference was. I know there is no way of getting the numbers with the 2017 but figured I could always put it back if needed. I did this with my old Versys 650 as a common fix was to adjust the TPS a little at a time to smooth things out.

With my FJ I had to unplug the APS to get my rachet in there and of course, I started the bike while it was still unpluged. And as expected the bike threw a code and the check engine light now remains on.

I like doing my own work and forums like this are a great resourse. I wasn't sure which size plug and pins to order from Corsa Tech so I just got both. BTW, the OBD2 code reader is now $14 on Amazon.

Thanks again.

I know this is a little late, but did adjusting the APS a little at a time on your 17 work? I had my ECU flashed but there is still an abrupt throttle on in all modes. 

Never too late to get info.👍

It did smooth things out, mostly in STD mode, but A mode still feels jerky at low speeds. The mod for me was a positive one but I know the bike will never be smooth without a full tune.

I should also say my aftermarket exhaust helped as well after finding a good baffle set up (hole size and number). To me it goes against what I've seen with other exhaust updates. Usually fueling gets worse but in this case it got better. Not sure why but who am I to question. Love the burbles on over run downshifting.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:25 PM, cuff said:

Never too late to get info.👍

It did smooth things out, mostly in STD mode, but A mode still feels jerky at low speeds. The mod for me was a positive one but I know the bike will never be smooth without a full tune.

I should also say my aftermarket exhaust helped as well after finding a good baffle set up (hole size and number). To me it goes against what I've seen with other exhaust updates. Usually fueling gets worse but in this case it got better. Not sure why but who am I to question. Love the burbles on over run downshifting.

Thanks man. I'm going to try it. I figure a 16th of an inch should do it after going through forum posts.

• Thumbsup 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, Brian V Paigo said:

So this worked for me, and I cleared my CEL on my 2017. However my OBDII cable colors did not match what was on this page. My colors on the cable were:

4-red/white (black/white on bike)

6-green/white (Blue/blue on bike)

14-light green (Blue/white on bike)

16-purple (red on bike)

My colors were the ones Thunderbird posted.

On the 2019 Tracer the wires are different colors on the bike connector,

4 red / white to (black/white on bike)

6 green/white to (green/blue)

14 light green to (whitish with brown dots)

16 purple to (red)

Thanks 

Edited by johnnyparts

• 3 months later...

Have a new 2020 Tracer GT and reading thru this thread.  Ordered an adapter cable from Amazon so will see if it works.  No codes (yet) but want to be prepared.  LOL I'm doing all the maintenance on this bike, last bike had only dealer maintenance - yea it was worse than you are thinking but good part is it led to my getting the Tracer GT (in the middle of a trip/adventure).  

I have a OBD II to USB adapter cable I use on my Fords as well as an OBD II to USB cable I use for the VW.  I have a software package for the Fords and the VW (VAGCOM) that allow me to not only see the codes but do other changes as well.  Yes it is fully capable of causing problems if used improperly.  Is there something similar for the Yamaha or motorcycles in general?