When to get a wiring block?

chadman

Looks like I'm far too cheap for this page... I bought the following:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282948930618

Along with a £2 relay. Placed it under the metal bracket that holds the seats and just plug in fuses and new spade connectors when I need another switched, fused item. Not the most space efficient way, but cheaper. Need a better solution for grounding, currently just attaching things to the frame as per the next image.

IMG_20180907_140604.jpg

The black wires are for my dash cams, ridiculously long compared to what I actually need and eventually I'll get around the cutting them to the size I actually need, they make it much messier... :( If you ignore those it's really not as untidy as it looks...

Looks like I'm far too cheap for this page... I bought the following: 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282948930618

Along with a £2 relay. Placed it under the metal bracket that holds the seats and just plug in fuses and new spade connectors when I need another switched, fused item. Not the most space efficient way, but cheaper. Need a better solution for grounding, currently just attaching things to the frame as per the next image.

IMG_20180907_140604.jpg

The black wires are for my dash cams, ridiculously long compared to what I actually need and eventually I'll get around the cutting them to the size I actually need, they make it much messier... :( If you ignore those it's really not as untidy as it looks...

wheres the meatballs? ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Okie sorry for the delay;

When I went to install the Eastern Beaver harness with the fuse panel(FP) I found that the portion of the harness that ran from the relay to the FP or the section from the battery terminal was going to be too short. If I had known, personally, I would have had them increase the section from the relay to the FP by 3" to 4". I hope the attached photos give you a better idea of where I am coming from.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

FP1.jpgFP2.jpgFP3.jpgFP4.jpg

I’ve been considering this as my accessory list has grown, what if anything is recommended to be on an unswitched circuit?
Normally a battery tender is about it. I have a voltmeter/USB port attached unswitched too, only so I can see the battery voltage whilst it's off, and charge from the battery whilst off too if required. Everything else (which is now heated grips, heated seats, sat nav charger, dash cam and fog lights) are on a switched relay coming on when the tail light does.

Thanks Tinker. All looks very neat. Hoping I'll do as well. I ordered up a PC8 with the standard length harness rather than the FJ-09 specific one. It's longer over all, think it will serve well with some room to spare. Appreciate you taking the time to take and post photos. 

• 2 weeks later...
To connect the wiring block to work on ignition would it require you to splice into the wiring loom? Could someone enlighten me how you would need to wire it up please?
Having just traveled this road I'll answer up. Yes. I tapped into the blue wire which is the taillight in the bundle that travels to the back of the bike. There may be better places to grab switched power, but this one worked for me.  
I found this page helpful in sorting out which wire I wanted. https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/2016/03/08/motorcycle-wire-color-codes/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived