How comfortable is FJ on interstates?

I like the looks, style, excitement factor and especially the reviews of this motorcycle but, but since motorcycle dealers don't like for a rider to take a test bike when they haven't yet decided on a FJ or FJR. I'm looking for a all around bike were I can especially enjoy curves but I have to ride four interstate hours to get to those roads. Not being one to trailer a bike, I would like to ride 700 mile once every couple years in getting to Florida. 

In being as impartial as possible, how comfortable is the FJ09 on interstates 70 to 75mph all day? Now keep in mind I'm use to doing this on a Honda Cruiser VTX1300 which is by all means not interstate friendly. 
 Signed, trying to figure out which bike to choose.

• Premium Member
 I like the looks, style, excitement factor and especially the reviews of this motorcycle but, but since motorcycle dealers don't like for a rider to take a test bike when they haven't yet decided on a FJ or FJR. I'm looking for a all around bike were I can especially enjoy curves but I have to ride four interstate hours to get to those roads. Not being one to trailer a bike, I would like to ride 700 mile once every couple years in getting to Florida.  
 In being as impartial as possible, how comfortable is the FJ09 on interstates 70 to 75mph all day? Now keep in mind I'm use to doing this on a Honda Cruiser VTX1300 which is by all means not interstate friendly. 
 Signed, trying to figure out which bike to choose.
I found out the seat and ergos are all day comfortable, but if your roads are messed up, the dampening can be a bit stiff. Just my observations.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

...... I'm looking for a all around bike ...
I found out the seat and ergos are all day comfortable, but if your roads are messed up, the dampening can be a bit stiff. Just my observations.
You mean compression damping, which is not adjustable (rebound damping is adjustable.)

If your suspension is dampening anything, then you've blown a seal!  ::)
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I own both FJ and FJR and by far if you want a bike to burn up the slab the FJR is the way to go. The FJR provides adjustable windshield on the fly, cruise control, more than enough power, aerodynamics body for smooth cruising and large gas tank. I've been in some very heavy (60-80mph) crosswinds and something about the FJR design sure makes those crosswinds doable. I enjoy the FJ very much but must admit to eat up some serious miles I'd go with the bigger heavier bike. I know about them big heavier bikes, in 2010 when I retired I went from Texas to Alaska on a fully loaded Goldwing...............

Ergonomically the FJ is going to have more room. The FJR is going to have better wind protection and more stable due to being much heavier. The FJ will be much better in the twisties. For me, a taller rider at 6'2", the FJ will be far more comfortable than the FJR for long days in the saddle. I found a 400 mile day on the FJR was long enough. I have no trouble riding my Super Tenere 900 miles a day and the ergo's on the FJ are very similiar.

• Premium Member
You mean compression damping, which is not adjustable (rebound damping is adjustable.) 
If your suspension is dampening anything, then you've blown a seal!  ::)
Smart alec. :P Yes, it is damping. To dampen is to wet. I need to not type tired, cause then I go on autopilot. (rofl) The point is the compression damping may be a bit much on rough roads. Plenty good on my sections of Fwy.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Roads in the south are probably better than most due to mild winters. Since I currently have a cruiser I just don't know what to expect from a high RPM motorcycle on interstates as far as comfort. I am looking for more excitement than my Cruiser Honda VTX 1300cc

Archived