Any Canadians receive your free soft bags yet?

Still waiting on mine. My dealer has no idea when they'll arrive or what Yamaha's plans are. I asked Yamaha Canada and got no reply. 

They look like great bags, but thinking about what they might be like in the future doesn't help me carry stuff today. ;)

if no ones received them, then we're all in the same boat. If some people have, I'm going to have a "what the heck!" conversation with my dealer. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am also still waiting. I have a theory that Yamaha Canada will wait until Mar 2 when the promo ends and ship them all out then. No info to support this, just a thought I had. Really wanna get mine too though.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

I am also still waiting. I have a theory that Yamaha Canada will wait until Mar 2 when the promo ends and ship them all out then. No info to support this, just a thought I had. Really wanna get mine too though.
Good theory. I have a better theory, GIVE ME MY BAGS! Okay, so that isn't technically a theory :D

This thread is a timely nudge that I should not pass up free gear. Emailed my dealer who replied that even though I already bought my bike 6 weeks ago, I qualify for the free bags.

Not sure I'll ever use them, I like my RKA soft bags. Free is free though! ::)

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

This thread is a timely nudge that I should not pass up free gear. Emailed my dealer who replied that even though I already bought my bike 6 weeks ago, I qualify for the free bags. 

Whew! Glad you caught it. The promo ends this weekend. At the very least you'll be able to compare the two, and if you like the Yami's better, you can sell your RKA's. If you like your RKA's, I bet someone on this forum would want to buy your Yami's. With the mounts, they're about a $400 value.  

Whew! Glad you caught it. The promo ends this weekend. At the very least you'll be able to compare the two, and if you like the Yami's better, you can sell your RKA's. If you like your RKA's, I bet someone on this forum would want to buy your Yami's. With the mounts, they're about a $400 value.
Actually, I may use the 'mounts' (stays) for my RKA bags: stops the bags moving in towards tire on big bumps.

Here's a pic of the stays for the FZ-09 on the Euro Yamaha site:
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/accessories/genuine-options/luggage/soft-side-bags-stays-mt-09/1RC-FSSBS-00-00/details.acc

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I'm in the Niagara Region and purchased my bike from Inglis Cycle in London. I haven't received my bags yet and was told 2 weeks ago that they were 2 weeks away. I have since bought hard cases for my bike and will probably try to get credit in exchange for the bags or sell them when I have them in hand. We still have over a foot of snow on the ground and my bike has 0kms on it....that really needs to change.

Just confirmed my bags are in!!!! Will be picking them up in about 3 or 4hrs
You lucky bastard ;)  
Downside of being first? The review is on your shoulders! Haha kidding. Mostly. 
Post a pic with the stays installed, but the saddle bags off. Please and thank you (it is a Canadian thread!)

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

You lucky bastard ;)  
Downside of being first? The review is on your shoulders! Haha kidding. Mostly. 
Post a pic with the stays installed, but the saddle bags off. Please and thank you (it is a Canadian thread!)
Don't have mine yet, but from what I've read, the stays have a quick release on them. There's a small part that attaches to the back side of the passenger pegs, and the majority of it pops off when not in use. I'll take pics when I have mine. If the mounts bug me (being OCD like I am), it's only 2 hex bolts to take them off. For my purpose, bags aren't a daily need.  

Well, the review and pics of mounts will have to wait. As I feared from the beginning the mounts do not come with the free bags. Nothing like getting a gift you can't use without buying something else
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Archived