Brakes

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 12mm spacers from Sportbike Track Gear.  However, I had to drill out one side in a drill press with a 9/16" drill bit.  
because they didn't recess the one side? I'm guessing the other side was flat too with no protrusion?
Correct, there was no recess on the caliper side of the spacer.  However, they have the protrusion for the fork leg side.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

• 11 months later...
  • Premium Member
I got my 12mm spacers from Sportbike Track Gear.  However, I had to drill out one side in a drill press with a 9/16" drill bit.  As stated in an earlier post, I opted for longer bolts that I happened to get through my favourite dealership. Triumph brake bolts PN T3330331 
As far as other years, I am pretty sure 2015-2017 R1 rotors fit as well.  

After 9000 miles on my bike, one of the R1 rotors developed a wobble.  They were from a 2005 R1 and had approximately 8000 miles on them when I got them.  So, I splurged on a set of Braking SK2s.  These are even better than stock R1 rotors, with more initial bite and feel.  
Braking SK2 WK071R/L.  The pads I am using are also from Triumph.  PN T2020475, only $82 for 2 sets.  I've used Vesrah RJLs but prefer the Triumph pads.

IMG_2286.jpg

I know this thread is almost a year old exactly but as I've already gone to Speigler SS line's and a new 2014 R1 Brembo master cylinder and am running the vesrah rjl pads on the stock rotors.

I'm now installing new 2014 R1 rotors and was going to flat block sand the used rjl pads, clean them and use them on the new R1 rotors but have looked at replacing them all together with either rjl or the rjl CT that curvy girls sells but you're using Triumph pads in the OEM FJ 09 rotors (correct?) and they work well with the big pies? Do you know who makes the pads for Triumph (i.e., private labeled for Triumph)? Do you have any idea and are they HH+ ?? The standard rjl Ct about 70 bucks a pair and the CT about 47 bucks per pair. I found you're Triumph pads for $39 on fleabay that are made in Nipon (by Vesrah?!), and supposedly the new version for 42. Which way would you go

• 1 year later...

Anybody here know where I could order 11mm spacers for the caliper? Also, what are the new bolt specs if you go with 320mm rotor upgrade?