Inside the FJ muffler

papac2000

I've opened the outlet to 2in and added another hole to the divider from the cat chamber to the rear chamber. Big results! Will follow up with new idle/rev sound check vids and dyno vid/chart. Extremely pleased with the results and will not be making further revisions.

Did you realise on dyno if the engine running lean?
I’m ready for v.1.5 (hole on 2nd to 3rd chamber, cut the “s” pipe but no bigger outlet pipe) on exhaust, but, i have always in my mind, that maybe make engine run more lean. If this happen, i’ll take exhaust valves in my hand..haha
So, may be something like O2 controller need to do what needed.?
Hope you understand my concern.
Sorry for my language.

Well, good morning it’s a beautiful morning here in Greece.
I’m back here to say that, after exhaust mod completed, i’m very happy with the results!!
Deep sound, a litlle bit louder but not so loud to be annoying for people around.
Thanks to all of you guys who share your how to with the rest of us!!!

Any chance you could make and upload a Youtube video on the work/sound? Cheers 

to hear the sound, near that really sounds like, you should wear headphones. But even then, if you hear it live, it’s better!!!
Specially thanks to papac2000 and duhs10 for your help guys!!!

• 4 months later...
First, thanks for all the info from this great site.
I'm going to do the V 2.0 exhaust mod and get a flash from vcyclenut, mostly to get rid of the speed limiter and pick up a little horsepower. I am looking to maximize low end power.
What flash would you choose? I think Ty, (RIP), liked the Graves full exhaust flash.What do you think?

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
does anyone have pictures? Photobucket killed all the linked photos, I can't even see them in the album.  
Trying to figure out exactly what's going on before I cut the panel and take it to a friend's muffler shop.
If you're using Chrome, there is an extension that will fix the images for you.

'15 FJ09

does anyone have pictures? Photobucket killed all the linked photos, I can't even see them in the album.  
Trying to figure out exactly what's going on before I cut the panel and take it to a friend's muffler shop.

If that extension koth442 says doesn’t fix your problem, i can sent you pictures, but you can find them on net also.
Really great mod with low or zero cost!!

If that extension koth442 says doesn’t fix your problem, i can sent you pictures, but you can find them on net also. Really great mod with low or zero cost!!
It fixed it. I have no idea how I didn't know there was an extension to fix that. Thank you guys!

Just did the v2 (added hole into cat chamber with a piece of pipe and 2" outlet). Came out louder that I expected but damn that sound is so much deeper.

Thank you all, I saved mucho money. (Did all myself + had 2"od ss pipe at work so total cost = 0$)

I’ m happy you like it!!!
Enjoy it!!!