Torque Values, Fluid Types/Quantities, Frequently Used

ULEWZ

Does anyone have torque specs for long hex headed bolt near the foot peg that goes all the way to the other side and foot peg harness bolts on the right side? I need these for Givi TN2122 crash bar installation. Thanks
If you're going to do wrenching on the bike I recommend you invest in the service manual (dealer etc.). You might have a member recommend/specify values (we try to help), but mistakes do happen and on a motorcycle that can end tragically... use at own risk. 

mounts.jpg

Thank you very much for your help. I have ordered my service manual and it's on the way.
  • Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
Just remember to have someone push on the rear brake pedal when applying torque to the drive sprocket nut.

You can reach over and apply the brake with one hand and torque the nut with the other.

Let’s go Brandon

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/28/2016 at 8:05 PM, martyl said:

I have had the windshield adjustment knobs back out. Thankfully there is a clip at the end of the threaded part that keeps the knob from falling off. Something to check often. From the riders perspective the windshield knob on the left is the one that has the three positions to lock the knob into. That knob has been the one that backs out. The L bracket that is part of the assembly will rattle around if the knob is loose. Other than that I haven't had any other loose parts. It's always good to go over nuts n bolts periodically. I try to do that with my service intervals.

The provided link doesn't take me to anything that helps me.  My windshield knob keeps backing out on the one side and I don't have the solution.  Do you remember the solution? Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Supporting Member
25 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

Want to adjust my handlebar, these 4 nuts all torque 22nm as diagram only shows top 2 nuts to 22nm but bottom nuts does not state. 

I recall that they're all 16lb-ft on the FJ, but you torque down the front bolts first, then the rear.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/4/2015 at 3:31 PM, josh said:

Make sure you don't over tighten the oil drain plug, I guess I did and pulled all the aluminums threads. FML- Helli coil repair kit 70.00, new oil 65.00. What a expensive lesson learned.

New oil over $20.00 a quart?

Can someone please provide the torque spec for the engine clutch cover bolts on the right side of the motor?

Thanks

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09