DIY FJ-09 Touring Windscreen

redfjniner

Just found this FJR screen on Aliexpress and considering a similar modification, I have a question in with the seller to find out the price of the +15cm option. 
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-transparent-brown-for-Yamaha-FJR1300-FJR-1300-2001-2005-0-3CM-thickness-windshield-can-choose/32807685586.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.sGHlOw

That's cheap!   Wonder if they also do a screen for our FJ-09/ MT-09, similarly priced.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

The seller says "choose this order and tell me that I need +15cm, I will change the price for you. The price is $ 78." I'll report back if I decide to go for it.
Ask if you can get it without the holes drilled for the FJR mounting.  Nice price for a windscreen.    Just a note here:  I bought a VStream sport touring windscreen (the middle sized one) and it works ok, but the one I made from the FJR Touring windscreen worked better with less buffeting and wind about the same.  If I see another FJR Touring come up on the FJR Forum, I will get it and make another, that is if snocofj does a good job and reports back  how wonderful his is working, then I may order one of these. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I asked if I could get it without holes and the seller said "OK". There was a little back and forth, so I'm not sure if it will show up with holes or not, but I ordered the +15cm version. I plan to cut it similar to redfjniner's, I think it is still the best looking large screen either made or bought.

I asked if I could get it without holes and the seller said "OK". There was a little back and forth, so I'm not sure if it will show up with holes or not, 
Interesting find snocofj, keep us posted when it turns up. 

• 3 weeks later...
The new shield came in the mail today, there are no holes and it feels like good quality. It may be a while before I get to the modification and mounting, but I will at least take some pictures. The process was a little complicated, make the order (with a note requesting the +15cm and no holes) without paying, then make payment after the price was adjusted for the +15cm.

Archived