betoney

Ninja H2-powered super-tourer

Guest bikeral
207BHP!!! I think upto 100BHP is perfect for the road, anything more than would just be wasted in my opinion

Guest kernowjim
207BHP!!! I think upto 100BHP is perfect for the road, anything more than would just be wasted in my opinion
Nice to have it though!

No price for Australia yet, it'll be here late January or early February.  I reckon $30,000 AUD.

https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/motorcycles/supersport/2018-ninja-h2-sx-se/

2018 Ninja 1000 is $16,399 AUD. (Tracer in 2015 was $16,000.)
The H2 was $55,000 AUD.

Kawasaki ZZR250->Yamaha YZF600RG->Honda CBR600F2->Yamaha R6->Yamaha MT-09 Tracer (MT09TRAG)->Yamaha TTR250

No price for Australia yet, it'll be here late January or early February.  I reckon $30,000 AUD. 
https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/motorcycles/supersport/2018-ninja-h2-sx-se/

The H2 was $55,000 AUD.
Insurance would be a killer too!

Australian Lava Red MT-09 Tracer, 06/ 2015 build model, first on-road 21/ 12/ 2018, with many farkles.   Redland Bay, Queensland, Australia

The '18 Ninja 1000 is $12k here, which is a relative bargain as it packs a ton of features (everything except CC).  The test ride I took left me very impressed with everything except the sporty ergo's.  Bar risers, a custom seat and adjustable rear sets would be a must for me at 6'-1". 

I’ve got to admit that I really like it. Probably not enough to part with the cash, but I definitely do like it.

I don't know , it looks like a sport bike with bags on it. Don't look comfortable at all, I wouldn't trade my FJ for that !!

Motorcycle.com briefly posted a first ride review of the H2 SX yesterday, but apparently it was embargoed and they had to take it down.

They said the SX is surprisingly comfortable, although definitely on the sport end of sport-touring. Passenger accommodations were not horrible. The only negative thing they noted was some engine heat.

At the end they said, "This might be the best motorcycle Kawasaki has ever made," which is quite a statement.

I have to admit I'm intrigued.

The '18 Ninja 1000 is $12k here, which is a relative bargain as it packs a ton of features (everything except CC).  The test ride I took left me very impressed with everything except the sporty ergo's.  Bar risers, a custom seat and adjustable rear sets would be a must for me at 6'-1".
I sold my ‘12 Ninja 1000 for my FJ.  If it hadn’t started to eat its transmission I’d still be riding it.  Even at 5’8” I found my knees bent a tad much for long haul touring, but besides that the bike was amazing.  It weighed 50 pounds more than my FJ but never felt like it.   
I don‘t how much differently the engine is tuned for the Versys, but if it’s even close to the feel of the Ninja that’s an excellent compromise between sport and comfort.

We live in an era with a multitude of riches for sport touring choices.