In search of the perfect exhaust note - for me

builderbob

• Supporting Member
If you aren't interested in sound or spending $1k, just get the ECU flashed and call it a day.
Thanks for the info.  that is very helpful.   I already have the ECU flashed and $1100 will buy several sets of tires!!!  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Im the oddball here...seems like Im the only one who went a diffrent route with the ECU reflash... I first had 2WDW flash my ECU with Woolich Race Kit( quick shifter for up/down and Launch Control) for the stock exhaust since winter was just around the corner at the time... later on during that winter I had 2WDW reflash the ECU for Graves Exhaust using the same Woolich Race Kit and was rewarded with a 120whp!!!

for comparison... FlashTune- which is the primary software used by 2WDW to tune bikes also has a QuickShifter you can buy that only works on up shifts and cost the same as the Woolich Race Kit which gave me QuickShift up/down in GP style or standard shifting as well as LaunchControl...

nothing wrong with FlashTune but Woolich software was able to eek out more power on same exhaust than FlashTune...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
Also, be careful not to over torque the mounting nuts onto the studs at the header. you will bend the flanges and possibly the stud.... don't ask how I know.
Your accomplishments are legion on this forum.  I saw your thread.  ;-)  Caution noted.

How is the performance?  If I were to get an exhaust I would probably get this same model but for $1100 it better have dramatically improved power.  I dont care about gains at 9k and above, but significant gains between 4K and 7K might sway my decision.
I definitely wouldn't call it dramatic... but its definitely noticeable, even before a flash.  
^This 
Performance per dollar I think the ECU flash would be money better spent. However, I do love listening to my bike!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Finished the install yesterday. Ended up having to remove the centerstand. The springs gave me some trouble until I discovered the "penny" method, which in my case was the "quarter" method as pennies weren't thick enough to lengthen the spring enough.

The sound? I was surprised by how quiet it is. Lower tone for sure, but wasn't nearly as loud as I expected. I have the db killer in. I assume that over time it will become a little more authoritative, but for now I am happy.

Archived