Where's the 2018 FJ-09?

slt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
My local dealer (in Canada) said no FJ-09 in Canada for 2018, he didn't know about other countries. Sad. sad.png
I would not be surprised if it were true. Still see new 2015s being offered by dealers.
That's funny, I was just at my dealers yesterday talking about "whats new for '18", while he didn't have any definite info yet, he was thinking the same thing.  He said the FZ10 is a much bigger seller than the FJ09 and thought they may someday expand that platform to something similar to the FZ/FJ/XSR type models. Pure speculation? Who knows.  I am excited for next week, a lot of models going to be revealed.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

As much as I want the FJ to live on, my gut tells me its going to get the axe.
Do hope not, though IMHO the FJ/ MT-09 is a somewhat flawed product.   But wasn't it ranked #2 behind BMW's mighty GS in European sales at some early point?   If so, what happened?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Do hope not, though IMHO the FJ/ MT-09 is a somewhat flawed product.   But wasn't it ranked #2 behind BMW's mighty GS in European sales at some early point?   If so, what happened?
Dunno? 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
I've always worried due to the fact that so many folks still report being able to buy 2015 & 2016 models, that this may not be a long running model for Yamaha. I love this bike, but if it doesn't make money for Yamaha, they will sunset it and move on.

I've always worried due to the fact that so many folks still report being able to buy 2015 & 2016 models, that this may not be a long-running model for Yamaha. I love this bike, but if it doesn't make money for Yamaha, they will sunset it and move on. 

Well, that's sad. Here I am looking at the bike and it might be discontinued. I realize the motor is used in many other bikes in this line so the motor support will live on. Other parts specific to the bike will have to be available for 7 years, it's the law I believe and then you're on your own. I'm selling my bikes in the spring and we shall see by then. 

On another note the BAMA vs. LSU game is on.........GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
I've always worried due to the fact that so many folks still report being able to buy 2015 & 2016 models, that this may not be a long-running model for Yamaha. I love this bike, but if it doesn't make money for Yamaha, they will sunset it and move on. 

Well, that's sad. Here I am looking at the bike and it might be discontinued. I realize the motor is used in many other bikes in this line so the motor support will live on. Other parts specific to the bike will have to be available for 7 years, it's the law I believe and then you're on your own. I'm selling my bikes in the spring and we shall see by then. 

On another note the BAMA vs. LSU game is on.........GEAUX TIGERS!!!![span] 
[/span]
Well, I love this bike, and if you think it is right for you, go get one!. I still can't get off this thing without a big smile on my face. 
Now, as to your CFB insights, it's already 14-0 Bama just into the 2nd quarter. It's certainly not over, but if I were you, I wouldn't be placing any bets on the Tigers......

• Premium Member
Okay, Yamaha just announced a fully redesigned Tracer 900 for 2018 at EICMA. There are two models:

Tracer 900 GT - Slight fairing redesign, narrower handlebar, updated ergos, new swingarm, full color TFT instruments, fully adjustable suspension, standard quick shifter standard heated grips, and... wait for it... CRUISE CONTROL.

Tracer 900 - same as above sans heated grips, no cruise, same crappy windshield as today.

Archived