Where's the 2018 FJ-09?

slt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, Yamaha just announced a fully redesigned Tracer 900 for 2018 at EICMA. There are two models: 
Tracer 900 GT - Slight fairing redesign, narrower handlebar, updated ergos, new swingarm, full color TFT instruments, fully adjustable suspension, standard quick shifter standard heated grips, and... wait for it... CRUISE CONTROL.

Tracer 900 - same as above sans heated grips, no cruise, same crappy windshield as today.
Yes!!  
I for see fork swaps becoming a popular mod.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Okay, Yamaha just announced a fully redesigned Tracer 900 for 2018 at EICMA. There are two models: 
Tracer 900 GT - Slight fairing redesign, narrower handlebar, updated ergos, new swingarm, full color TFT instruments, fully adjustable suspension, standard quick shifter standard heated grips, and... wait for it... CRUISE CONTROL.

Tracer 900 - same as above sans heated grips, no cruise, same crappy windshield as today.
Yes!!  
I for see fork swaps becoming a popular mod.
The forks on the GT are probably going to have rebound on one leg and compression on the other and you will still need the proper weight springs.  Instead of waiting for the '19 model, you could have @pattonme build you a set of cartridges to swap out.  Compression and rebound in both legs, custom configured for YOU including springs and shipping for about $500.  BARGAIN!!   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

i have a feeling all them 2015-2016 FJ'09 still in the Warehouses will be a cheap alternative to the new Tracer and GT 900s...
Indeed. Let's say $7500+tags/title, add a saddle of your choice, and $1000 in suspension and you'll be WAY under the new price of the GT and have worlds better suspension to boot. Bars are like $40. There are all kinds of windshield solutions already. 
All the '19 has is the FZ09's 2017 forks which ain't all that great. If you want the same 'cr@p' OE suspension today that the '19 will have I can do that for you for $300. The 14-17 FJ already has all the parts except the fork cap which can be had for $130 give or take. Or for $400 you could have a set of forks that will spank anything that comes from the factory.

Archived