• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where's the 2018 FJ-09?

slt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read somewhere that it will be changed to the MT-09, like Europe?
The FJ-09 will become the Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT. The FZ-09 will become the MT-09.
Bloody hell - this is gonna cause some confusion here - and dare I say elsewhere, such as dealerships, after-market parts manufacturers, insurance companies, the lot!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 4 weeks later...
Sat on a GT at Motorcycle Live, the seat is a massive change, same shape but much softer and more comfortable at least initially. Panniers are a bit on the small side, price will be higher. I’d leave off the cruise control, panniers, colour display and all for nicer suspension.

Guys, I just noticed a big change in the stock pictures of the 2019 models.

They don't have peg feelers! ;)

I kid, yes, it's probably just an oversight when they setup the bike for the stock photos.

Funny enough, when I got my 2016 it was missing a peg feeler on one side. I never got to the bottom of whether putting those on was part of the dealer setup and some doofus at the dealer missed it or if it came that way from the factory.

Guys, I just noticed a big change in the stock pictures of the 2019 models. 
They don't have peg feelers! wink.png

I kid, yes, it's probably just an oversight when they setup the bike for the stock photos.

Funny enough, when I got my 2016 it was missing a peg feeler on one side. I never got to the bottom of whether putting those on was part of the dealer setup and some doofus at the dealer missed it or if it came that way from the factory.
I have spares...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...
I would be surprised to see it discontinued as it is Yamaha's middle-weight touring bike/sportbike, and one of the best in this segment. As other's have said though, sales drives everything so many times the axe does come down even on a really great machine. At least we all got one... Mine replaced another great bike that got the axe due to low sales in the US, the superlative BMW k75s that I had for 20-plus years. While very popular in Europe, the low US sales placed it squarely in the crosshairs of the bean counters. You just can't beat a perfectly balanced 3 cylinder engine and OMG, what a lovely sound it makes...

I would be surprised to see it discontinued as it is Yamaha's middle-weight touring bike/sportbike, and one of the best in this segment. As other's have said though, sales drives everything so many times the axe does come down even on a really great machine. At least we all got one... Mine replaced another great bike that got the axe due to low sales in the US, the superlative BMW k75s that I had for 20-plus years. While very popular in Europe, the low US sales placed it squarely in the crosshairs of the bean counters. You just can't beat a perfectly balanced 3 cylinder engine and OMG, what a lovely sound it makes...
Its officially been continued with some upgrades!

'15 FJ09

Archived