My new Terry Adcox seat

That Terry Adcock seat looks plush!   And also rather wide - reminds me of true tale. 

I was sitting coffeeing with two older riders, both of ample girth.

Bloke #1 murmured, apropos of nothing being discussed "bought meself a new seat".   Bloke #2 pondered this for while and shot back "how wide is it?".

Bloke #1 replied after a short pause "about eighteen inches", at which Bloke #2 retorted "strewth - where ya gonna put yer other cheek".

Couldn't help chuckling at this brilliant repartee!   True story.
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

pieyed07 - re: your pix of the Terry Adcock seat - please explain what are those two bolted-on flat plates protruding one either side and lower down on the bike  - some kind of footrest?   Looks intriguing!   Thanks...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

pieyed07 - re: your pix of the Terry Adcock seat - please explain what are those two bolted-on flat plates protruding one either side and lower down on the bike  - some kind of footrest?   Looks intriguing!   Thanks... 
Air spoiler for hot, cold, and wet weather. they are adjustable. 
  • Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Just received my Terry custom seat. I had the driver's seat done in Pantera vinyl and had the passenger seat just recovered to match. I sent Terry pictures of me sitting on my bike and gave him my height and weight to build the seat from. The seat quality is great and it looks good on my bike. The seat is still a little firm but I've only gone about 125 miles on it so far so it still hasn't broken in yet. The whole process with Terry was smooth as silk. I couldn't be happier. Terry posted pictures of my FJ09 with the seats on his Facebook page if you want to check it out.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Send to receive was a little over a week as Terry was just finishing up a seat before mine. I had called Terry and discussed the seat issue I was having with my Corbin in that after 85 to 100 miles I was getting uncomfortable especially on the bottom of my butt. My Corbin has the soft gel option and I had the firmer Corbin before that. The gel version was better. The Corbin looks fantastic on the FJ09 but my,"Tushy" doesn't have eyes.... Here's a couple of pics of the new Terry Custom seat. 5625628.jpg

5625629.jpg

• Premium Member
Just a note... As I'm putting on the miles Terry's seat is starting to break in for me. I'm at around 350 miles so far on the seat. I am also wearing, "MotoSkiveezs" padded underwear. It really helps with the break in period. My, "Tushy" is getting happier after every ride....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

In the event anyone is going this route (I am)... Terry sent me some samples of the top-of-seat vinyl, so I thought I'd share. Photo shows the three samples placed on the OE pillion seat for reference. My impressions... left to right:

• PANTERA. Least grip and most rigid. Note how the edges curled up after sitting in a mail box in cold temps. Less grip than OE;
  • ROUGH. Most grip and most flexible. Very rough texture (80 grit sandpaper)... if you don't like moving about. More grip than OE;
  • BLACK. Good grip, flexible and most leather-like. This goes on the side of the seat regardless of what goes on top. More grip than OE;

I will go with the BLACK. All very subjective, both feel and look. The BLACK has just a bit more grip than OE. PANTERA and BLACK are both a little thicker than OE, while ROUGH is about the same.

terry_samples.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Yea, I think black is the way to go. Just my keyboard opinion.
Even pink would be better than the stock seat!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
Finally got my hands on Terry's seat... wait, that sounded wrong. shocked.png

Hectic day today as we're getting ready to leave for March break at the crack of dawn, but slapped the seat on the bike and quickly planted my butt in it... felt very nice... but that is certainly no test. Have to wait another three weeks or so to start riding (I will update). I am happy with my choice of vinyl (black all around) though... very natural. In the meantime, some quick shots. The seat looks to be very well made, and dealing with Terry and his wife Debi was a treat. Old school small business. Hey @pieyed07, hope you don't mind me tacking onto your thread.

seat1.png

seat2.png

seat3.png

seat4.png

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif