Comparing Shad SH23 and SH36

BBB

2 hours ago, brewhaha said:

Also I really dislike side loading bags. I feel like I will be able to get a lot more in there than my current OEM bags(which are broke).

If you do go with the SH36 side-loaders, the inner bags are well worth having. You pack them and then just slide them into the cases. The inner bags have shoulder straps too, so at your destination you just pull out the inners and off you go. The only time I don't use the inners is if I want to store my helmet in there.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, BBB said:

If you do go with the SH36 side-loaders, the inner bags are well worth having. You pack them and then just slide them into the cases. The inner bags have shoulder straps too, so at your destination you just pull out the inners and off you go. The only time I don't use the inners is if I want to store my helmet in there.

Agreed, the inner bags are a MUST-HAVE item.👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...

I just installed some SH36 on my FJ I didn't want to install a bigger top case (im using an SH40) because lane-splitting and filtering can become a trouble but I had to make a trip so I ended installing it the SH36

It seems the SH23 side cases dont make the bike so wide I guess im going to get a pair of SH23 for city use and only use the SH36 for travel.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-31 at 9.45.36 PM.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Seetth said:

It seems the SH23 side cases dont make the bike so wide I guess im going to get a pair of SH23 for city use and only use the SH36 for travel.

The SH36 are indeed bulbous for the every day. I keep my SH23 on the bike for that, and they have been very practical for me. Come time to tour... SH36 w/liner bags fill the need.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but love the comparison!

I will be picking up an FJ-09 soon (hopefully tomorrow) and have been looking at side bags. After seeing this, the SH23 is my pick. Love the use of large bags but I am using the bike to commute, so no need for big cases.

I love my SH23 bags. They hold more then you think.  I've come out of Wally World many times going oh no, this will never fit...and it does.

They're slender, look great, and don't overpower the looks of the bike.

I did remove all stickers, way too much.

Also, make sure you lock them or past 80 mph they open and all your stuff will leave. Air will suck them open then clean.

Edited by peteinpa
  • Thumbsup 2

52 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I love my SH23 bags. They hold more then you think.  I've come out of Wally World many times going oh no, this will never fit...and it does.

They're slender, look great, and don't overpower the looks of the bike.

I did remove all stickers, way too much.

Also, make sure you lock them or past 80 mph they open and all your stuff will leave. Air will suck them open then clean.

Thank you for the heads up! Excited to pick up this FJ-09 tomorrow!

• Supporting Member
On 8/8/2022 at 4:42 PM, ItsRichieRich said:

After seeing this, the SH23 is my pick.

Great commuter/everyday cases. Not what I would call heavy duty... but light and good capacity. 👍

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif