2018 Tracer 900 and GT

tinkerfreak

Dropped into a dealer on the way into work on Friday to pick up some gaskets I had ordered and ran into a chap I know who used to wrench but because of back and arthritis issues was moved up into sales. We got chatting and he informed me they are taking orders now for the 2018 Tracer 900 at $12,600(Cdn) plus tax and license. I had to pry the estimated price for the GT out of him and he has been lead to believe by his aquaintances at Yamaha Canada that it will list for $15,000 or better, plus taxes and license. I asked him about the Nikken and he laughed, he told me that until it is confirmed to be coming to Canada he doesn't want to speculate but did say they have received calls enquiring if and when it is coming.

Cheers

Dropped into a dealer on the way into work on Friday to pick up some gaskets I had ordered and ran into a chap I know who used to wrench but because of back and arthritis issues was moved up into sales. We got chatting and he informed me they are taking orders now for the 2018 Tracer 900 at $12,600(Cdn) plus tax and license. I had to pry the estimated price for the GT out of him and he has been lead to believe by his aquaintances at Yamaha Canada that it will list for $15,000 or better, plus taxes and license. I asked him about the Nikken and he laughed, he told me that until it is confirmed to be coming to Canada he doesn't want to speculate but did say they have received calls enquiring if and when it is coming. 
Cheers

So what's the approximate all-up out-the-door price likely to be based on this ~CDN$15,000 info, please, and how does this compare to current pricing for (say) a 2016, either in CDN$s or %.   I hope it's high so as to preserve some of the value for my 2016!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Add 13% for taxes and approx $85 for plate. In our province they can no longer charge freight and pdi separate it has to be rolled into the advertised price. They currently have 2016's on the floor for $11,300 which once again would require the addition of the 13% tax and plate.

Not really sure how this is relevant to your market(Australia) as I'm sure your used bike market is much more active than ours due to the fact that your winter is mild enough to ride in not like here. When a used FJ comes up on the market here they tend to stay there for a while. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Add 13% for taxes and approx $85 for plate. In our province they can no longer charge freight and pdi separate it has to be rolled into the advertised price. They currently have 2016's on the floor for $11,300 which once again would require the addition of the 13% tax and plate.  
Not really sure how this is relevant to your market(Australia) as I'm sure your used bike market is much more active than ours due to the fact that your winter is mild enough to ride in not like here. When a used FJ comes up on the market here they tend to stay there for a while. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks, tf.   If my abacus is correct that comes up to about CDN$17000.   It's not directly relevant, but is of interest.   I'm hoping the GT may retail otd for at least AUD$18,000 when it arrives so as to preserve some value for what will then be superseded models like mine!   Selfish? - maybe, but...! wink.png 
Right now our premier bike-selling website is showing 24 Tracers for sale, used and secondhand, some brand new 2016s as low as AUD$12,499...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...
Finally got to sit on the new 2018 Tracer, must admit I really like it and want it, love all the new changes and even seat feels a lot nicer, love the new matt black version. I do really like the overall new look of the bike and the new narrower bars feel better too.

• Supporting Member
 he informed me they are taking orders now for the 2018 Tracer 900 at $12,600(Cdn) plus tax and license. I had to pry the estimated price for the GT out of him and he has been lead to believe by his aquaintances at Yamaha Canada that it will list for $15,000 or better, plus taxes and license. Cheers

I would think that it would be more expensive for a new revised model.  That price is around $10,000 USD which is lower MSRP than the 2015 FJ model sold for. 
My completely uneducated and uninformed guess is that the 2019 Tracer will be somewhere around $11,000 USD (current 2017 FJ-09 MSRP is $10,700) and the GT version (with oem luggage, heated grips, quick shifter and cruise control) will add around $1,500 - $2,000.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Where did you get to sit on one? I thought they were going to be 2019 models?
Vancouver motorcycle show. The 2018 model is starting to be sent to dealers in Canada now , price is 11,999 CAN

Price I provided in the original post for the Tracer included freight and pdi which must be included in all prices as per the OMVIC(Ontario) regulations. How much extra would freight and pdi be in B.C. 
Cheers

Looking at around $900
So about $12,899 before tax and license. This will drop soon as it already has here. The same dealer is now listing them for $11,999 plus tax and license and supposed to be a rebate program sometime around the manufacturers bike show in February in Toronto. The part that gets me is the dealers in the GTA that are still selling 2015's, 2016's and 2017's for MSRP. 
Cheers

Looking forward to having a test ride soon, maybe I can say I got lost and take ages to test the seat
...wonder if it's a straight swap with the one on the legacy bike...kinda doubt it.
After seeing it I think it will fit, also Yamaha still lists the old comfort seat fitting 2018 so it must be the same. 

• Premium Member
I sat on one at the bike show this weekend and was wondering the same thing (ie. would it fit my 2015?).
One of the reps said he'd look into it for me so I'll aim to follow up and see what I hear.

That said, it'll probably end up costing as much as the Bagster...

Archived