• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2018 Tracer 900 and GT

tinkerfreak

I sat on one at the bike show this weekend and was wondering the same thing (ie. would it fit my 2015?). One of the reps said he'd look into it for me so I'll aim to follow up and see what I hear.

That said, it'll probably end up costing as much as the Bagster...
Don't get me wrong, i will be buying a custom seat this year, but its nice to know that the stock one will be a lot better and maybe help someone deciding on 2018 or older and its good to see Yamaha take notice and fix some of the issues. Just a shame Canada not getting the GT.(would love to know why) 

It’s not listed on canada site but it is on US site , also I asked the rep at show and he said it wasn’t coming to canada this year. Usually we get the same bikes as US but the new tracer is different, Canada even has a different colour than the US this time around and even the standard tracer is not out in USA, not sure what is going on this time.

Don't get me wrong, i will be buying a custom seat this year, but its nice to know that the stock one will be a lot better and maybe help someone deciding on 2018 or older and its good to see Yamaha take notice and fix some of the issues. Just a shame Canada not getting the GT.(would love to know why)
...oh? How do you know that... loose tongued sales rep at the show? The GT was supposed to be arriving in late Summer of 2018 as a 2019 model year.
I sent an email to Yamaha Canada asking if the Tracer GT would be available in Canada (since it is not on their website) and they told me the same thing as Kiwicanuck mentioned, that it will NOT be available in Canada, at least not this year.  They stated something about demand as their reason for not selling it here.

...oh? How do you know that... loose tongued sales rep at the show? The GT was supposed to be arriving in late Summer of 2018 as a 2019 model year.
I sent an email to Yamaha Canada asking if the Tracer GT would be available in Canada (since it is not on their website) and they told me the same thing as Kiwicanuck mentioned, that it will NOT be available in Canada, at least not this year.  They stated something about demand as their reason for not selling it here.
Surely it's a bit hard to fathom demand for something that doesn't exist as yet... ::)

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

still cheaper to buy a leftover FJ-09, add suspension to suit you, add exhaust, add QS l, bags and seat and you got a Tracer900 GT... just missing out on a fancy color display and 2 more modes of Traction Control...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

They stated something about demand as their reason for not selling it here.

Probably too many still in the distributor warehouses. If they release the GT the value of the leftovers will drop like a rock.
Plus if it doesn't show till mid/late summer the Canadian buying public has likely already moved on to other things anyway.

They stated something about demand as their reason for not selling it here.
Probably too many still in the distributor warehouses. If they release the GT the value of the leftovers will drop like a rock. Plus if it doesn't show till mid/late summer the Canadian buying public has likely already moved on to other things anyway.

Either way, us Canadians lose out.  I really wonder about some of the decisions manufacturers make regarding new models; they seem totally arbitrary (like Canada getting a different color 2018 Tracer than the USA). 

they seem totally arbitrary (like Canada getting a different color 2018 Tracer than the USA)

Agreed. I don't get why all colors aren't available in every market. Yellow for example never came stateside for the FZ07 if I remember right. Why on earth not? It's bloody pigment in ABS for crying out loud. Fine I get that maybe the first year of a model you only release white, black and a third color (eg. blue for yamaha). But after that the color combo should increase and the previous colors should be carried thru unless they were a total sales bomb.

Either way, us Canadians lose out.  I really wonder about some of the decisions manufacturers make regarding new models; they seem totally arbitrary (like Canada getting a different color 2018 Tracer than the USA). 
There's an entire department with statisticians that attempt to model and predict the desired color(s) in each region. A mega-corp will leave nothing to a blind guess or arbitrary decision. There is a reason even if the reason isn't obvious or down right incorrect. Someone made it. 

And getting off topic...

This same department also does warranty analysis. They do uncertainty analysis and robust assessment of the wear components to predict when they will fail. Then they offer warranties based on that information. 

'15 FJ09

There's an entire department with statisticians that attempt to model and predict the desired color(s) in each region. A mega-corp will leave nothing to a blind guess or arbitrary decision. There is a reason even if the reason isn't obvious or down right incorrect. Someone made it. 

And getting off topic...

This same department also does warranty analysis. They do uncertainty analysis and robust assessment of the wear components to predict when they will fail. Then they offer warranties based on that information. 

they seem totally arbitrary (like Canada getting a different color 2018 Tracer than the USA)
Agreed. I don't get why all colors aren't available in every market. Yellow for example never came stateside for the FZ07 if I remember right. Why on earth not? It's bloody pigment in ABS for crying out loud. Fine I get that maybe the first year of a model you only release white, black and a third color (eg. blue for yamaha). But after that the color combo should increase and the previous colors should be carried thru unless they were a total sales bomb.
Trokarr:  Sometimes though Canada gets stuff the USA doesn't.  Like the Honda CBF1000F and the Varadero.  I really liked the CBF1000F.  Very light and flick-able.  If the CBF had been available in the States and/or not taken an act of congress to get through U.S. customs .. even though it is just a retuned fireblade engine I would be riding it instead of the FJ-09.    

• 4 weeks later...
@piotrek One thing that has always bothered me about the FJ is the wind screen mount and adjuster. Too much play and impossible to adjust while riding. What are your thoughts on retrofitting the 2018/19 windscreen system to one of our '15s? Did it look possible?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived