The Photo Game Thread

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@duhg - That certainly counts!   You get to pick the next challenge...  what do you have in mind?  

Thanks.  Next up - photograph your bike  in front of a sign for an obsolete business.  For example: typewriter repair, blacksmith or book binder.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, duhg said:

Thanks.  Next up - photograph your bike  in front of a sign for an obsolete business.  For example: typewriter repair, blacksmith or book binder.

Oooo. A tough one.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Oooo. A tough one.

I really like this one!  I wouldn’t mind seeing multiple contributors. 

This sign just outside of downtown Houston always catches my eye... TVR and Lancia have been gone for a loooooong time: 

ECBE3FF6-11DB-431C-8FC1-D48580018593.jpeg.23b463e804de3bb53176505b3b7a64dd.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 4/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, duhg said:

Bump:   It’s the long holiday weekend (at least here in the US), so get out and ride.  

And while you’re out, look for a place to showcase your Tracer/FJ09 ”...in front of a sign for an obsolete business.  For example: typewriter repair, blacksmith or book binder” 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Well, I absolutely found the right target, but unfortunately was in the truck and not on the FJ.   I’ll have to go back on the bike at some point for a photo... 

40C5C055-518C-496A-A7B0-CF57EAA76EB8.thumb.jpeg.6beb931558c65c81b74c6f423293db9f.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

@duhg - It took awhile, but today I decided to go get some pictures of obsolete businesses in Houston’s east end: 

DB62EF24-E191-42D5-918F-AC83F85DFE60.thumb.jpeg.18cb534b8813146c4e6fe2ebfdf39cc3.jpeg

AEBA3EA2-FB21-46A3-825E-EE2E47C6C1AB.thumb.jpeg.1e2d856a5f73b80bab66b3a5944efb5c.jpeg

4E7F3BEF-30DF-4397-A5F4-9AF5B612C939.thumb.jpeg.eef3cf11ff23369f444ea12be87bd14a.jpeg

Believe it or not, that typewriter shop is still in business.   A neighbor wandered over to see what I was up to, and filled me in on the story:  The proprietor is a gentleman named Smitty, who has run the store for decades.  It was already a struggling business when it flooded during Hurricane Harvey, but (and this is what I love about my city) the community pitched in to help clean up & repair as best they could, and Smitty is back open for business.   Hours are limited and apparently not consistent nor predictable, but you have to respect the determination & resilience.  

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Good one!  I was about ready to ride to the bookbindery in Columbus, which I hear is still operating.  What's the next challenge?

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, duhg said:

What's the next challenge?

😃

well.jpg

• Haha 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

13 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

😃

well.jpg

A Subaru Outback hauling a Subaru Outback parked at Outback Steakhouse 

• Haha 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member

Ok, next challenge:  Your Tracer/FJ with a unique bridge or trestle.  

I know it's been done before, but I'm still fascinated with interesting bridge engineering and design.   So find something cool and post a picture or two... 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
staticmap?center=36.0689278%2C-84.661202

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in...
staticmap?center=36.0690361%2C-84.661200

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving...

Here's a couple of pics i took a couple of months ago. Its on google. I'm not completing the challenge just adding some pics of bridges.

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Ok, next challenge:  Your Tracer/FJ with a unique bridge or trestle.  

I know it's been done before, but I'm still fascinated with interesting bridge engineering and design.   So find something cool and post a picture or two... 

Oooo... I have a good one in mind. 

• Thumbsup 1