The Photo Game Thread

• Supporting Member

I'm going to leave the beach challenge for @micah2074...  we're waiting, dude  :)

But as a bonus round on the 'favorite place' challenge, I wanted to throw something a little different into the mix.  It's not technically a favorite place, but just a roadside rest area near Jones Creek, Texas that always makes me smile when I see it.  

It was here, way back in the spring of 1990, that a friend I highly respect pulled me aside after a very spirited run down the local river road.  His comment to me:  "You've got to slow down or you’re going to kill yourself.  I think you could be a damn good road racer...  you should look into that."   That simple remark set the wheels in motion, and for the next 20 years I was doing some combination of sprint and endurance racing, including several years instructing for a track day program after I retired from competition.

I ride on the street just for fun now, but I can't help but smile when I think about how a simple conversation on a Sunday morning ride changed my motorcycling experiences for the better.   Good memories of a favorite place...

7-28-2019_Jones_Creek_2.thumb.jpg.c484a119e56f895e5e52460f5c081241.jpg

7-28-2019_Jones_Creek.thumb.jpg.b48d397086b51cb5001ea7910c987cca.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

• Premium Member

Y’all aren’t going to believe this but I got a bunch of pics at the beach and not a one with the bike in it. I was so excited to be there it slipped my mind to get a pic with Gertrude (that’s my FJ) in it. 

• Haha 1

Let’s go Brandon

9 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Y’all aren’t going to believe this but I got a bunch of pics at the beach and not a one with the bike in it. I was so excited to be there it slipped my mind to get a pic with Gertrude (that’s my FJ) in it. 

Haha, that cracks me up. My Aunt named her Garmin GPS Gurtrude, or Gurdy for short. Didn't realize it was such a popular name :P

• Haha 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I'm going to leave the beach challenge for @micah2074...  we're waiting, dude  :)

But as a bonus round on the 'favorite place' challenge, I wanted to throw something a little different into the mix.  It's not technically a favorite place, but just a roadside rest area near Jones Creek, Texas that always makes me smile when I see it.  

It was here, way back in the spring of 1990, that a friend I highly respect pulled me aside after a very spirited run down the local river road.  His comment to me:  "You've got to slow down or your going to kill yourself.  I think you could be a damn good road racer...  you should look into that."   That simple remark set the wheels in motion, and for the next 20 years I was doing some combination of sprint and endurance racing, including several years instructing for a track day program after I retired from competition.

I ride on the street just for fun now, but I can't help but smile when I think about how a simple conversation on a Sunday morning ride changed my motorcycling experiences for the better.   Good memories of a favorite place...

7-28-2019_Jones_Creek_2.thumb.jpg.c484a119e56f895e5e52460f5c081241.jpg

7-28-2019_Jones_Creek.thumb.jpg.b48d397086b51cb5001ea7910c987cca.jpg

Now THAT is what I was looking for!  Excellent and thanks for sharing.😎

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

Thanks @fddriver2 - You’ll appreciate this supplement, then.  I found it buried away in my toolbox... back when I had a license to race the fastest motorcycles in North America.  

22D4B19F-EEEF-42C1-AE15-71642327FECF.thumb.jpeg.ab2b570cd1d1ec44b38dc84a95b98424.jpeg

@micah2074 - The next challenge is your call.  What do you have in mind for you?  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 6:49 PM, micah2074 said:

Next challenge... you’re FJ/tracer before and after a multi-day trip. 

BEFORE:

IMG_20190602_162914.jpg

DURING:

sawthmac.jpg

AFTER:

(😁)

IMG_20190711_142231.jpg

Edited by Larz
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Ok, maybe this could be problematic for some folks. Try to make it doable. Google should at least get you too the national registry, or one of the sites like MonumentalTrees. Depending on where are you, some of the choices will be inaccessible by vehicle ( What, you ain't riding your brand spanking new $14K  TracerGT down some rock strewn goat trail just to win a Intertube photo challenge? WTF, man,HTFU,eh ;>) 

A pic of your bike by a marker on the road closest to the tree would do it- either an actual sign describing the tree, or even a mile marker sign or some such that is GPS location verified, eh.

And trees, uh, well where I am, it's a freakin' Saguaro cactus..... 

Edited by Larz

• Supporting Member
38 minutes ago, Larz said:

And trees, uh, well where I am, it's a freakin' Saguaro cactus..... 

In my part of the state, they’re not so much tall as massively wide.   It’s hard to tell from the perspective of this photo, but that tree is a LONG way from the roadside.  And if you look closely, there is an entire herd of cattle hanging out in the shade under that lone live oak tree...  

9D59B8C3-3BCE-4350-A2B6-22BE250A11BB.thumb.jpeg.0c21f23edcba801935459ca4e1c53ef4.jpeg

Mooooooooo...

4A2603A1-43E3-418E-8C00-33DC6BF7756A.thumb.jpeg.ce8c42d0d0b31430100ac0a39e156fca.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1