The Photo Game Thread

3 hours ago, betoney said:

Yeah, I got one in Happy Camp and Willow Creek as well... and then had to stop for a "Bigfoot Burger".  LOVE that area.👍

Me too. It's so very very isolated.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

'15 FJ09

1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Me too. It's so very very isolated.

I also love this area, and it's in my back yard. One of my favorite day rides is to go from my house in Chico, scoot up to Yreka and grab Hwy 96 toward Willow Creek, then back to Weaverville down to Hwy 36, then back down to Chico. It's a fantastic 10 hours in the saddle, experiencing everything from wide sweepers to tight, technical stuff.  Plus, there are endless variants to throw into the loop, so you can ride the area every weekend and not do the same ride twice. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

15 hours ago, maximo said:

I also love this area, and it's in my back yard. One of my favorite day rides is to go from my house in Chico, scoot up to Yreka and grab Hwy 96 toward Willow Creek, then back to Weaverville down to Hwy 36, then back down to Chico. It's a fantastic 10 hours in the saddle, experiencing everything from wide sweepers to tight, technical stuff.  Plus, there are endless variants to throw into the loop, so you can ride the area every weekend and not do the same ride twice. 

That's one helluva backyard! 

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

Doesn't count, but the weather radar looked good in this direction, so... I give you the Mothman.

FJ mothman.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, duhg said:

Doesn't count, but the weather radar looked good in this direction, so... I give you the Mothman.

Why doesn't count? 🤔

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

Why doesn't count? 🤔

I can't win my own challenge, can I?  I think it shouldn't count.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member
31 minutes ago, duhg said:

I can't win my own challenge, can I?  I think it shouldn't count.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

How about this compromise:  You win, but have to re-issue the same challenge?   :) 

Personally, I like the challenge, and I’m interested to see what else gets posted.  

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, duhg said:

I didn't remember it was you who issued this challenge? Sorry.

80% chance of rain here for the next week or I would run down to here.

• Haha 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Next target: your bike with a steam locomotive. It can be in use or on static display, either works.

Important: electric or diesel-powered replicas of steam locomotives don't count. It must currently be or have at one time been motivated by steam.

Good Ole Col.Teague at the Mt Washing Cog Railway in NH.  (He's retired.)

I would have shot you a working steamer but like a lot of stuff the Cog is closed due to Covid.

steam.JPG

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09