The Photo Game Thread

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

I'm about to head out for a week.

Sounds fun, where you headed?  Since this year has been so unpredictable and chaotic, I had canceled all of my road trips.  I was originally supposed to be in the Black Hills of S.D. this week, riding Needles Highway and Iron Mountain.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

How about your bike alongside a Morgan Three-Wheeler?  Extra points if Morgan is not in a museum.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Sounds fun, where you headed?  Since this year has been so unpredictable and chaotic, I had canceled all of my road trips.  I was originally supposed to be in the Black Hills of S.D. this week, riding Needles Highway and Iron Mountain.

NW Arkansas. Or Tx, it depends on the weather.

We're headed up to the black hills, montana, idaho, wyoming, etc in late august.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, nhchris said:

How about your bike alongside a Morgan Three-Wheeler?  Extra points if Morgan is not in a museum.

That's gonna be hard.

😮

• Haha 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

OK, Morgan too hard.  (Bug eye Sprite maybe?)  OR...

How about your bike on a cable-stay bridge?

This one is close to home...

bridge.jpg

Edited by nhchris
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, nhchris said:

That's probably a lot more accessible for many potential participants...  :)

So, off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask about your profile photo.   Is that a CX500 Turbo?  What gloriously bizarre motorcycles, in the way only Honda could pull off in that era...

It's actually a 650 turbo I had the pleasure of riding.  Owned by a friend and lovingly maintained. (Best of all worlds:)

Quite an experience letting the turbo spool up. Was kind of like if you could go on-the-fly from B to A mode during takeoff.  Weird!

Plenty of frame flex to keep you focused in the corners and those weenie tires seemed from another century... which they were.  It had some sort of turbo gage that was fun to watch and the bike sounded great also.

Would I trade my FJ for one????   No way!

• Thumbsup 1
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, nhchris said:

It's actually a 650 turbo I had the pleasure of riding.  Owned by a friend and lovingly maintained. (Best of all worlds:)

Quite an experience letting the turbo spool up. Was kind of like if you could go on-the-fly from B to A mode during takeoff.  Weird!

Plenty of frame flex to keep you focused in the corners and those weenie tires seemed from another century... which they were.  It had some sort of turbo gage that was fun to watch and the bike sounded great also.

Would I trade my FJ for one????   No way!

I couldn’t tell if it was the 500 or 650...  the paint accent didn’t look day-glo enough to be a 650.   Yeah, they were unique bikes, for sure.  Mostly I just appreciated the swagger of Honda for taking the most agricultural bike in the lineup (the CX workhorse), and semi-successfully morphing it into a high tech sport tourer.  I can’t even imagine what it would cost to buy a clean & original one these days...   

Anyway, back to cable tension bridge hunting!  :)  

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, nhchris said:

OK, Morgan too hard.  (Bug eye Sprite maybe?)  OR...

This one is close to home...

Dang, I should have looked earlier, I got a father's day hall pass and went up to the Trinity Alps area and spent the day riding those gorgeous roads, and I rode right past the Redding Sundial Bridge on my way there. 

• Thumbsup 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Premium Member

The next challenge is a photo of your bike with an official, unaltered street sign or sign indicating a location (for example highway exit sign) that includes the word tracer. 

Happy hunting!

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Premium Member

Ooooo. Interesting. That I like. How about a picture of "Hooker Highway "

😆

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Let’s soften the challenge a bit.  Photo of your bike with any unaltered sign or marker of any kind with:

the word tracer included 

or

the letters f and j next to each other, no spaces or punctuation between, can be imbedded within a longer word or string of characters 

or 

just the numbers 09 (“9” not acceptable)

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100