The Photo Game Thread

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, koth442 said:

Interesting... Very challenging. Will require some hunting. I like it!

Target acquired, but have no idea when I’ll be back in that area with the bike...  

0E3AA348-5196-4CFA-8D64-39018885CA5A.thumb.jpeg.ec280b44aa7d922a6e7dc35bde8b333a.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Time to take this in another direction I think.  Professional sports is returning to our lives (hooray!) so new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team (any sport, any level) in frame.

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, rustyshackles said:

new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team

If all goes well over the next couple of days, I may do the “twofer” and get both the Stadium AND the Tracer sign...   we’ll see. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 7/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, rustyshackles said:

new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team (any sport, any level) in frame.

Trying to bring this thread back to life.   This one doesn't count, since it's from over a year ago, but i figure SOMEONE should be able to get out and snap a current picture...

479175F2-27AE-4023-8538-77D2FF60D696.thu 

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

Far too rural where I am, but I'm bumping this thread so it gets the love it deserves.
I might even have to go on a run to a city (eek), unless a 2nd division Scottish football team ground would do? Professional, but pretty bad :)

• Supporting Member

Very nice @bowlin01!   My wife is originally from Hemel Hempstead, and we still have family in the general area (Berkhamsted, Luton, Leighton Buzzard).  She just told me that “...we thought a trip to Milton Keynes was ‘going to the big city’ back then.”

I still want to plan a trip to visit that allows me time to do some riding around the UK.  

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Very nice @bowlin01!   My wife is originally from Hemel Hempstead, and we still have family in the general area (Berkhamsted, Luton, Leighton Buzzard).  She just told me that “...we thought a trip to Milton Keynes was ‘going to the big city’ back then.”

I still want to plan a trip to visit that allows me time to do some riding around the UK.  

I'm inbetween Hitchin and Luton, so I'm sure your wife will know the area. I still see MK as firmly in the "Thar be Dragons" section of the map 😄😆

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, bowlin01 said:

I'm inbetween Hitchin and Luton, so I'm sure your wife will know the area. I still see MK as firmly in the "Thar be Dragons" section of the map 😄😆

Wild. I worked in Hemel Hempstead for years, and lived in Watford, and then Aylesbury. The roads around Aylesbury-Dunstable and the likes are great fun on a bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Bike by a watermill (Gatehouse of Fleet, the Mill on the Fleet)  , and I found a fantastic wee road back to my place from there, properly awesome.

And for the next Photo Requirement....
Your bike by a steam train......

20200916_164901.jpg

20200916_165016.jpg

20200916_171147.jpg

20200916_170009.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, Stew said:

And for the next Photo Requirement....
Your bike by a steam train.....

Ol' Number 225.  At it's retirement in 1961, #225 had hauled 44 million tons of iron ore from the Iron Range of Northern MN, traveling almost 800,000 miles.

I hope you all appreciate this picture, because when I left this morning the temp was 38F. However temps quickly warmed up to a balmy 45F, so I did a little ride around town to take in some of the fall colors. This leads to the next challenge.

Number 225 Steam powered Locomotive. Proctor MN.

tracer oct 2020 III.jpg

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3