Sign in to follow this  
rhpowell

The Photo Game Thread

6 hours ago, koth442 said:

Interesting... Very challenging. Will require some hunting. I like it!

Target acquired, but have no idea when I’ll be back in that area with the bike...  

0E3AA348-5196-4CFA-8D64-39018885CA5A.thumb.jpeg.ec280b44aa7d922a6e7dc35bde8b333a.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Time to take this in another direction I think.  Professional sports is returning to our lives (hooray!) so new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team (any sport, any level) in frame.

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

39 minutes ago, rustyshackles said:

new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team

If all goes well over the next couple of days, I may do the “twofer” and get both the Stadium AND the Tracer sign...   we’ll see. 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, rustyshackles said:

new challenge: photo with your bike and an arena or playing field used by a pro team (any sport, any level) in frame.

Trying to bring this thread back to life.   This one doesn't count, since it's from over a year ago, but i figure SOMEONE should be able to get out and snap a current picture...

479175F2-27AE-4023-8538-77D2FF60D696.thu 

• Thumbsup 1

Yes, minor league professional teams are also in play. Don’t make me have to do it myself.

• Thumbsup 3

IBA Member #59800

Far too rural where I am, but I'm bumping this thread so it gets the love it deserves.
I might even have to go on a run to a city (eek), unless a 2nd division Scottish football team ground would do? Professional, but pretty bad :)

Picture of my GT900 in front of MK Stadium (Milton Keynes Dons Football Team).

Next challenge? A picture of your bike in front of a watermill.

IMG_0879.JPG

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Very nice @bowlin01!   My wife is originally from Hemel Hempstead, and we still have family in the general area (Berkhamsted, Luton, Leighton Buzzard).  She just told me that “...we thought a trip to Milton Keynes was ‘going to the big city’ back then.”

I still want to plan a trip to visit that allows me time to do some riding around the UK.  

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Very nice @bowlin01!   My wife is originally from Hemel Hempstead, and we still have family in the general area (Berkhamsted, Luton, Leighton Buzzard).  She just told me that “...we thought a trip to Milton Keynes was ‘going to the big city’ back then.”

I still want to plan a trip to visit that allows me time to do some riding around the UK.  

I'm inbetween Hitchin and Luton, so I'm sure your wife will know the area. I still see MK as firmly in the "Thar be Dragons" section of the map 😄😆

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, bowlin01 said:

I'm inbetween Hitchin and Luton, so I'm sure your wife will know the area. I still see MK as firmly in the "Thar be Dragons" section of the map 😄😆

Wild. I worked in Hemel Hempstead for years, and lived in Watford, and then Aylesbury. The roads around Aylesbury-Dunstable and the likes are great fun on a bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Bike by a watermill (Gatehouse of Fleet, the Mill on the Fleet)  , and I found a fantastic wee road back to my place from there, properly awesome.

And for the next Photo Requirement....
Your bike by a steam train......

20200916_164901.jpg

20200916_165016.jpg

20200916_171147.jpg

20200916_170009.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2