Oregon last ride of the year

keithu

• Premium Member
Alright PNW folks... I tried this two years ago but snow/ice north of Salem kept everyone else home.

Who's up for a ride to the Oregon coast on New Year's Eve? Last time the plan was to meet for lunch at the Blue Agate Cafe in Oceanside (near Tillamook). I propose the same place, meet at noon on Sunday, December 31.

As a reminder, here is what you all missed two years ago:

Afu3Wtb.jpg

1Lq2pr0.jpg

Lgpu7bX.jpg

I still have a cast on my leg. Even if I got it off in the next three weeks, I doubt I could shift. Have fun.  Maybe by car.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...
Keithu, I may be up for that. Interestingly, I was on my way out there (From Beaverton) when my clutch cable broke last week. All fixed now with the redesigned housing that replaces the orig unit with the new, redesigned one. I am not sure what my schedule will be yet, family wise, but if possible, and no snow and ice on the road, I'm in. 

Great riding around here pretty much all year if you are prepared (Electric heated garments and GoreTex for me) for the slightly damp and chill weather we sometimes encounter. 

Any other local riders - without casts on limbs (Sorry to hear that Ken!)?

Keithu, I may be up for that. Interestingly, I was on my way out there (From Beaverton) when my clutch cable broke last week. All fixed now with the redesigned housing that replaces the orig unit with the new, redesigned one. I am not sure what my schedule will be yet, family wise, but if possible, and no snow and ice on the road, I'm in.  
Great riding around here pretty much all year if you are prepared (Electric heated garments and GoreTex for me) for the slightly damp and chill weather we sometimes encounter. 

Any other local riders - without casts on limbs (Sorry to hear that Ken!)?
Wednesday I was able to put on a motorcycle boot.  It zips down two location on the front.  I'm still walking in a boot, but feel that in a couple weeks I may be walking around in shoes. I might be ready to ride by then, but Low 40's and rain isn't on my list of things to do anymore.  Also, I've been sitting at home over the past three months so I may not be shape to make that ride.  It would nice to make the ride with you, if you can also make it.

• 2 weeks later...
SUNDAY in Tillamook, near Oceanside.
DEC 31,2017
Partly Cloudy-Sunny 
51° high, 36° low
0% rain, wind E 6 mph
Humidity 74%

Looking Good. Just may dust off the FJ, put the mitts on, and take a ride. Who's coming?

Kiethu, Ken, Others?

Weather still looking good. It should be a beautiful day for a ride to the coast. 

What time should we meet at in Oceanside?

Looking forward to getting on the road! Portland/Tillimook/Oceanside-Blue Agate Cafe.

Last chance to get 2017 miles in.

Archived